Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Native TimeStamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native TimeStamp

I just learned today that there is a way to access the actual timestamp of each trade if provided by the data provider.

The cci example is certainly a step in the right direction. So this is good news for users. The way the system indicators are coded now is... not good. But the cci is still running a loop on every tick that only needs to run once per bar. That's OK, I know how to fix it. I am very disappointed that you won't be able to specify data provider per instrument, but only by type of instrument. If they would let you specify data provider by EXCHANGE, that would be good. No word on whether FormatPriceMarker …

Post #84

How do I access this information from inside the NinjaTrader code?

Thanks,

RJay
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

RJay, this entirely depends on the connected to provider and would it would offer - native vs local timestamping could be reviewed for each provider we support in this grid in our documenation -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm (first section please)

With Time / Times you would access bar timestamps in NinjaScript.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      RJay, this entirely depends on the connected to provider and would it would offer - native vs local timestamping could be reviewed for each provider we support in this grid in our documenation -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm (first section please)

With Time / Times you would access bar timestamps in NinjaScript.
      Okay, How do I access this timestamp info. Do you have any coding examples of how to call both the vender timestamp and the local timestamp for a single update. Bid, Ask, or Last.

Thanks,

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

The timestamps you get for your bars are native on providers where this would be supported, on others where NT needs to stamp > this is done by your PC clock. So there's no dedicated code needed for access, it will be determined by the provider you connect to in NT.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I looked at the current time for nist atomic clock. It is close to my PC time, a matter of seconds. I do not understand how a slight difference could cause such large discrepancies on the order of 10-20 minutes. Does time zone matter or the instrument settings?

Comment

Hello Chris001,

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. Where are you seeing a discrepancy?

Comment

I thought I had posted to a similar thread. I will post it there instead

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bmartz
              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes