Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Error

I have two sets of bars a daily as the primary and a 10 minute as the secondary.

In my strategy, I set a flag in the daily bar section, then in the 10 minute bar section, if the flag is true I enter a long.

For some reason, the flag is set to true in the daily just fine and it is recognized as true in the minute (I used a print statement to verify that the IF statement is entered). But for some reason, when I finish the backtest, it shows that no trades were made from the strategy. So there must be some type of unseen error, how do I debug this?

Thanks,
    EliteTraderNYC

Hello EliteTraderNYC,
    Thanks for your note.

If you append the below code in the Initialize section of the strategy then what prints you are getting in the Output Window
    Code:
    TraceOrders = true;

Can you please send a toy NinjaScript code* replicating the behavior to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

*The "toy" just means something that is a stripped down version that isn't necessarily the whole logic. It makes things easier to rout out.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out. The program was exiting on order in effect equal to day and I needed GTC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18