Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Copying C# Files ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying C# Files ???

Hi,

Sorry, a basic question but I am just getting started with NT after my departure from TS!

If I have an Indicator and associated C# file and then copy this C# file to another name as a starting point for a new indicator ... change the logic, variables , properties, etc .. then recompile ...

Does all the needed NT code in the "NinjaTrader generated code. Neither Change nor Remove" section get recreated for the new indicator? Or, do I have to use the Wizard to start off with each new indicator development?

Thanks,

Hello tornadoatc,

NinjaTrader will generate the code at the bottom, so you would not need to copy it. With that said, you can create a new indicator with the original code from another indicator by going to the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicators. Then double left click on the indicator that you want to have the original code from for example the "KeyReversalUp". It will then open up the source code for the indicator. Right click inside the window and select Save As. Type in a name of your choosing then press "Save". Press the "OK" button as NinjaTrader will automatically rename them for you. Now you have a new indicator based off the base indicator code that you can.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    1 response
    0 likes