Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Show Indicators on top of Order/Stop/Profit Lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Indicators on top of Order/Stop/Profit Lines?

Hi,

I have indicators that display beside the current bar and I have the z-order set to show them above everything else on my chart which is fine. The problem is that they don't display on top of order/stop and profit lines so I can't read the text correctly. Can I do something via ninjascript to force this or is there another way?

Thanks

Hello PaulMcG,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Unfortunately the stop/target lines will be on top of the indicator / price bars and you cannot change it.

As an alternative you can shorten or lengthen the order display bar length by following the below steps:
    • Right click on the Chart Trader
    • In the context menu click on Chart Trader Properties
    • In the Chart Trader Properties dialog set an appropriate value for the field "Order display bar length (% of chart).
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks for your help. That won't really help because I need the order line etc across my screen when I trade. I have 2 ideas that could be potential workarounds but I don't know if it's possible in ninja script.

1) Is to make my indicator values (they are numbers on screen) jump to a different location on the chart when a order is placed e.g instead of being beside the close it could jump a tick higher or lower than the last bar. Is that possible? Could ninjascript be used to know if I have for e.g a sell or buy order active?

2) Is to have a indicator that would again recognize when a order is active but this time add 3 lines extending out left from the order/profit and stop lines on the chart. That way I could make the actual order lines take up a small % of the chart as you suggested but still have the lines to look at against my chart and overlay the indicator lines with my current indicators.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
      Last edited by PaulMcG; 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Hello PaulMcG,
        Unfortunately there are no supported codes to recognize the order via the indicators.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's a pity, looks like I'll have to put up with it so. Thanks for your help anyways JoyDeep.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes