Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating Crosspairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Crosspairs

hello
    is it possible to display charts for crosspairs
    I've eurusd futures contract and gbpusd futures contract or 6e and 6b
    is it possible to create a eurgbp chart?

thanks
    Deorn

Hello Deorn,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

This option is not available in NinjaTrader, however one of our own customer support representatives has created an indicator for a spread between two instruments on candlesticks.
    You can find this indicator at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=512

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Deorn,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

This option is not available in NinjaTrader, however one of our own customer support representatives has created an indicator for a spread between two instruments on candlesticks.
      You can find this indicator at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=512

thanks patrick

is it be possible to run the gom indicators on such a Chart
      gom indicators in BidAsk mode

Deorn

Comment

Hello Deom,

Thank you for your response.

I have not tested the GOM indicators with the Spread Indicator, if you have both installed you can test this on your end and follow up here for any other users that may be interested in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Deom,

I have not tested the GOM indicators with the Spread Indicator, if you have both installed you can test this on your end and follow up here for any other users that may be interested in this matter.
          the calculation of the spread indicator is actually a bit wrong
          it does not display the real spread between two instruments only the possible maximum and minimum of the spread in a time period

I don't have really a clue about ninjascript programming, I think it will be impossible for me to get the gom indicators running for example on EURJPY lol

Deorn

Comment

Hello Deorn,

What spread are you looking for between two currencies? Please provide any details of the spread you are looking for.

For the GOM indicators are you able to apply these to a chart? Are they not showing for currencies?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

yeah two currencies, but as future contracts, because they have volume information
              and not the spread, i want to display the crosspair like
              (EUR/USD)/(GBP/USD)=EUR/GBP
              and i wanna run the gom indicators on that created Crosspair

the gom indicators are running flawless on the currency futures

Comment

Hello Deorn,

You will need to develop this indicator as there is no indicator in NinjaTrader that will do this calculation.

We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

We also have great resources in relation to Indicator Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
                Take me to your support forum!

We also have some Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
                Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
                Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
                Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Comment

ok thanks

another question
                  when i wanna display a currency pair or ES in daily timeframe, the chart displays only data from newyork open to close
                  how is it possible to change the session template to forex, i tried it in the dataseries option interface, session template to forex, but that didn't helped

Comment

Hello Deorn,

Please change your chart to a 1440 minute chart and then adjust the Session Template.

Session Templates have no effect on the Daily data as this is displayed as received from the connection.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Taddypole