Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WoodiesCCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoodiesCCI

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't find the NinjaScript in the indicators list for the WoodiesCCI.

Hello Java_Jon,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

I believe you are referring viewing how the WoodiesCCI indicator is coded correct?

If so, you would not be able to view the source code of the WoodiesCCI by going to Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicators -> WoodiesCCI as it would not be accessible. You may view the Woodie's CCI Club forum for information about the indicator.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I hate to step on this post but try as I might, I can't seem to find the means to post a new thread.

I want to use the WoodiesCCI indicator inside a robot trader custom dll that I constructed using Visual Studio. I can't find a way to reference WoodiesCCI from Visual Studio. Would please tell me how I might do that?

Thanks!

Larry

Comment

Hi Larry, the new thread button should be seen in any subforum (i.e. go into General Programming) and then on the upper left side above where all threads in this forum are listed.

For the WoodieCCI this would be coming from the NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll so this would need to be referenced in your VS project.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Bertrand,
          I added the vendor.dll reference to the project before I wrote the first post. When I try to compile, I get 181 warnings; one against each indicator in the Indicator folder:

Warning 1 The type 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' in 'C:\Users\ME\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@Range.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' in 'c:\Users\Me\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll'. Using the type defined in 'C:\Users\ME\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@Range.cs'. C:\Users\ME\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@Range.cs 24 23 NinjaTrader.Custom

You might wish to know that we modified at least one of the existing NT indicators (VMA) to be able to be initiated at will after session start. That may be the problem.

Thanks!

Larry

PS: I also tried including the .cs file in the project indicator folder with the rest of the .cs indicator files and that didn't work either.

Comment

Hi Larry, sorry for my late check in - were you able to resolve in the meantime? I assume the NT core dll was also referenced in your project?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

No. I gave up and tried the plain CCI which didn't really do what I think Woodies can. I attached a pic of the Woodies Reference (Vendor.dll) as included with the other references. This is in a "class" and part of a much larger project. It may be that the vendor.dll needs to be referenced higher up??????

If you can guide me as to how to get Woodies to compile so I can use it, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Larry
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry, so you mean you would want to compile everything in Visual Studio and then run in NinjaTrader? I'm not aware of a way to make that work unfortunately, it would need to compiled then in NT's editor, so VS would be another way of editing your script.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Kaledus
                by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                1 response