Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical data between connections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data between connections.

Hi

I would like clarification about how historical data is obtained for the periods when NinjaTrader is not connected to the live data connection.

Some providers state clearly they do not provide historical data, but when I load charts, recent history appears. When I disconnect and re-connect the next day, data since the last connect is loaded. If it is not coming from the live data supplier, where does it come from? How can I find out what historical data is available from that source?

I am interested in cash index data (SP500, DJIA & NDX), but I need data without gaps.

I use AMP / CQG.

I also need many years (at least 10 yrs) of historical data, but I understand that may require a specific purchase of historical data. Please advise how to obtain such data.

Thanks
    Tony

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Please move it if it is.

Hi Tony, thanks for the post.

When you are connected to CQG with NinjaTrader you are getting live data directly from CQG and you are getting the historical data from NinjaTrader historical data servers co-located in CQG’s data center recording directly from the live CQG data feed.

For extending the per default offered historial data, you could for example look into www.tickdata.com / www.cqgdatafactory.com
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, that is clear.

Is there a way of finding out what instruments are included in the default historical data offered?
      Also how much history is available?

For example, approximately how much daily bar history is stored for these cash indices - DJIA, SP500, NDX and RUT?

Cheers
      Tony

Comment

Tony, I would unfortunately not have a full listing here, however we record the many of the popular / liquid instruments for backfilling. Daily data for those indices would be present since the start of 2011.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        9 responses
        1 like
        Last Post caryc123  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes