Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

combining strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combining strategies?

hello
    I have two strategies one to find entry patterns (short or long) and one that specifies the entry prices. How do I combine both to make one strategy of both? That is this way I can have different entry exit strategies to combine with potential entry and exit patterns. So, if after pattern exits enter when price conditions are true. And enter at that price (for backtesting and forward testing). Then while long, no other long entries or short entries until my sell condition exits me or I get stopped out. Hm, that maybe a bit much but any and all input is appreciated.
    have a great week.

Welcome to our forums here one_bacon_bit - Strategies would be per default not cross communicate, so if you're for example in one continously calculating limit entry prices, then you could move this code to an indicator and then access the plots it would create in your strategy script monitoring for the pattern entry conditions.

For working with multiple entry signal / conditions in one script, please also see this sample - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3225
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the examples.... just started looking at scripting and it'll take some time to get the feel for it. On a side note, I've noticed that the market analyzer spits out the updated prices and even at end of day some tickers don't update on the charts. Is this a yahoo issue or am i missing a settings check somewhere?
      take care.

Comment

one_bacon_bit, you're welcome - could be the case with the Yahoo connection, it's just a simulated real-time feed - the daily candles would from them natively would be updated as the opening of the new bar is seen, so next day open.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes