Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

renko bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

renko bars

Hi i am new to this, and want to know if we can program a strategy on colored bars or we actually need numbers?

Thx

Welcome to our forums here - you can access the Open, High, Low, Close data of the current and past Renko bars and could use those for comparisons to create strategy conditions.

i.e. if (Close[0] > Close[3])
    EnterLong();
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for taking time to reply. I dont know nothing about codes or writing programs. I need to find someone that will help me.
      On the other hand, i could use something as simple as buying 2 cont of let say CL, when the price bar crosses the 20sma, selling one after a certain amount of tick, and reversing the trade going back in 2 cont the other way when the price bar crosses back the 20sma
      Thx
      Last edited by The Admiral; 02-21-2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

You are welcome - for professional custom code creation you could look into those consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants

For getting started without programming, you could also look into our point and click Strategy Wizard interface - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...egy_wizard.htm

Comment

Yes i know all of that. I guess i would need to participate to a live webinar and ask questions.
          I want to use a bar price and SMA to trigger the buy or sell. Can this be done?

Thx

Comment

Yes, that could be done via the wizard - you can check for the Close Price on the left side (in the condition builder) and for the SMA on the right side and setup your relation for an entry then, for example demanding the Close to CrossAbove the SMA value of your Period choosing. On this event happening you would then send an order in the script in the 'action' section.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM