Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ZigZag Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZigZag Indicator

I am looking for a ZigZag indicator with sound alerts and or plots to where i can automate into a working strategy.

Thanks!

Hello kinkeadfx,

The built in ZigZag indicator can be used for your strategy. This indicator does not create alerts however.

You could create alerts and or play sounds in your strategy that references this indicator.

For example:
    Alert("myAlert", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Reached threshold", "Alert1.wav", 10, Color.Black, Color.Yellow);
    Alert(string id, Priority priority, string message, string soundLocation, int rearmSeconds, Color backColor, Color foreColor)

Below is a link to the help guide on using Alerts().
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../nt7/alert.htm

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.
    Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
    Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
    Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: http://youtube/fVFqw5W8uGI

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
    Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    5 responses