Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Could you guys please rethink plot color changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you guys please rethink plot color changes

Why is such a simple idea like changing the color of a plotted line in real-time have such a bad implementation in NT? I mean, c'mon guys, if I want to change one plotted line on a chart to up to 10 different colors, you're requiring the user to have 10 separate plots in the code.

It really should have been as simple as doing this in the OnBarUpdate() routine:

Plots[0].Pen.Color = <any color you want>

But, instead, this makes the whole line the value of the last color (I know you know this).

Why can't you just change your implementation to make the above work? I don't think there's anyone out there using your product who would want the entire line on the chart to change to the latest color with the above code.

If you put this one to a vote of your user base who knows what I'm talking about, they would vote overwhelmingly to change the current implementation to where it would only require ONE C# statement to change that color per intended line segment.

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Handclap0241