Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ShortStop and ShortLimit at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShortStop and ShortLimit at the same time

hey guys

in my very simple strategy i just want to place a shortstop and a shortlimit order at the same time

like this:

EnterShortLimit(entryLevel+20*TickSize,"Shortlimit ");
    EnterShortStop(entryLevel-20*TickSize,"Shortstop");

sadly the strategy only places the first Order
    any help?

regards, Deorn

Deorn, thanks for the post - this would be unfortunately expected in the managed mode as this approach with competing orders would be caught by the Internal Order Handling Rules -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm (bottom section here).

For more flexibility we have the Unmanaged mode as well in NT7, where those 'guards' would not be effective - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm

Yet another approach would be monitoring price and only submitting one order in managed mode then as needed.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your response Bertrand

sadly it still doesnt place the second order

Code:
      protected override void Initialize()
      {

CalculateOnBarClose = false;
          Unmanaged = true;
      }

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
      {
          // Entries
      			SubmitOrder(0,OrderAction.Sell,OrderType.Limit,1,entryLevel+50*TickSize,0,"ocoshort","s1");
      			SubmitOrder(0,OrderAction.Sell,OrderType.Stop,1,entryLevel-50*TickSize,0,"ocoshort","s2");

}
      please help
      i want that both orders are placed on the chart

redards, deorn
      Last edited by Deorn; 03-11-2013, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I would suggest you check via the TraceOrders what exactly is happening on the hood with your order submission - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3627

Wouldn't the first order fill pretty much instantly and then cancel the second as they are OCO?

Comment

giving them different ocoid doesnt fix the problem

the traceorders command gives me this

Code:
          08.03.2013 08:02:04 Entered internal SubmitOrder() method at 08.03.2013 08:02:04: Action=Sell OrderType=Limit Quantity=1 LimitPrice=7980,0 StopPrice=0 OcoId='ocoshort' Name='s1'
          08.03.2013 08:02:04 Entered internal SubmitOrder() method at 08.03.2013 08:02:04: Action=Sell OrderType=Stop Quantity=1 LimitPrice=7930,0 StopPrice=0 OcoId='ocoshort1' Name='s2'
          but i only see the limit order (the first order) been placed on a different fdax chart where the charttrader is enabled
          it also makes no difference if there is a open position in the fdax or not

Comment

Right, they are both submitted - but one would fill instantly, as you place it as marktable limit order, not a StopLimit / Stop order.

Wouldn't the script show a strategy position then for you, with the one remaining stop order placed?

Comment

can you write me the solution please

Comment

I guess I'm not exactly clear what you're trying to achieve - bracket the market with a limit order above the market to sell and below the market to buy?

Comment

no i just want to achieve a OCO TP and SL Order for a already opened long position

Comment

Ok, then I would suggest not using the unmanaged mode, but just either working via :

1. The Set() methods (the generated stop / targets would be OCO'ed per se) -

2. Use the Exit() methods to submit your Limit target and Stop exit order, like shown here -

The OnOrderUpdate() and OnExecution() methods are reserved for experienced programmers. Instead of using Set() methods to submit stop-loss and profit target orders, you can submit and update them manually through the use of IOrder and IExecution objects in the OnOrderUpdate() and OnExecution() methods. The OnOrderUpdate()

Comment

thanks but that does not display the opened sl and tp orders onto the other chart where the charttrader is enabled, and I need that

my scenario is like that:
                      i have manually opened a long position, then I manually delete the inital sl and tp, start the ninja strategy, which put the sl and tp for the long position on the chart
                      and I want to see these two orders

I hope you understand that

Comment

Thanks, but this would unfortunately not be possible with a NinjaScript strategy in general, if you had ChartTrader enabled. NinjaScripts are run as self contained instances managing the entry and exit conditions as programmed in your code.

If you wanted to manually adjust resulting orders, then you could for example call ATM Strategy Templates for exit management - however then the entry would have to come from the script as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ScottWalsh  
                        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes