Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Session Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Templates

I am trying to create a session template. There are 3 time frames in the trading day.
    Starts Sunday 19:00 to Monday 0400
    Monday 0400 to Monday 1130
    Monday 1130 to Monday 1900
    Monday 1900 to Tuesday 0400
    Tuesday 0400 to Tuesday 1130
    Tuesday 1130 to Tuesday 1900
    Tuesday 1900 to Wednesday 0400
    Wednesday 0400 to Wednesday 1130
    Wednesday 1130 to Wednesday 1900
    Wednesday 1900 to Thursday 0400
    Thursday 0400 to Thursday 1130
    Thursday 1130 to Thursday 1900
    Thursday 1900 to Friday 0400
    Friday 0400 to Friday 1130
    Friday 1130 to Sunday 1900
    The indicators work using this on Sunday to Thursday and on Friday it is not accurate. Is it the Friday going from 1130 CST to 1900 on Sunday?
    Thank you for your help.

PLTrader, so you mean the first part for Friday would be completely excluded then when using your custom template?

'Friday 0400 to Friday 1130'

So the timezone you've set this up in would be CST? Which markets and technology have you been testing with?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Session Templates

I live in CST and my computer is set to CST and the session template is set to CST. I have no problems with the indicator using the session times until I get to Friday. The session template shows the first session at 19:00 to 04:00 on Sunday to Thursday and the indicator is using first session as I expected. Then on Friday it picks up the session from 11:30 to 19:00 as a first session. This should be the third session. On Sunday to Thursday it recognizes it as the third session. I do not know if there is a way to send you my session template.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to tell you I am trading 6J market.

Comment

PLTrader, thanks for the screenshots - so if you'd reviewed the chart's raw data without any custom indicator applied, would the session labelled be correct and no data be missing? I seem to recall that this indicator series would need a specific session setup to perform as expected, have you double-checked with the developer?

Comment

I created a session template as shown in first question. It is not missing any data. That is not the issue. The issue is there are 3 sessions in the template and I put an indicator on and you select the session you want to use to compute. I select session one - that goes from 1900 to 0400. On Sunday to Thursday, it correctly identifies session one and displays correctly. On Friday it says another time is session one - Friday from 1130 to Sunday 1900 is session one. This should be session 3. My question is does the problem happen because the session goes from Friday at 1130 cst to Sunday at 1900. If I end the Friday session at 1600 CST (normal Friday end), it does not pick up the 1130 to 1900 Friday session as a session one.

Comment

Thanks - would you mind uploading your database to us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could test here with the script?

Comment

I believe I have uploaded the database. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thank you.

Comment

PLTrader, so far I've unfortunately not seen it here - which ticket # did you get assigned by our system?

Comment

I did not receive a ticket number. I will try to upload the database again.

Comment

I tried to upload the database again. It tied up Ninja for 2 hours and then gave me an error.
                      http://screencast.com/t/3LwQDC0qck9 Is there another way to get what you need to you?

Comment

Please use the following 3rd party service to send the file:

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

* Press "Go"
                        * Press "Add Files"
                        * Browse to: (My) Documents - > NinjaTrader 7 -> db-> NinjaTrader.sdf
                        * To: [email protected]
                        * Message: ATTN: Bertrand - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=56595
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive  
                        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes