Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

unable to import any script files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to import any script files

Brussels 19th of March 2013

Good morning

I use NinjaTrader « live » licence version 7 (64 Bits)
    I have the currensys.com AddOn product installed as well (one of your Third Party developpers)

I have decided to move to the next step and start creating ninjascripts on my own using C#

At present I'm only reading the code ninjatrader has installed on my pc

The one I try and understand is your « sampleAtmstrategy ».

Now the real Problem I have is :

The scrpit your are trying to import contains programming errrors. They have to be fixed before you import them

When I use the edit script menu where a few strategies (of your's???) reside and I pick one (sampleAtmstrategy) let's say. (I did not change a line of the code). I use the compile button and always end up with the following

CS0246 and CS0118 error

It says

1. « NinjaScriptFile » vendor.cs

2. 1. « error

JurikDMX, JurikJMA, JurikRSX, JurikVEL WoodiesCCI WoodiesPivots

not found

2. 2 (in the same error section). Same JurikDMX etc....is a method, but is used as a type

Whichever file I try to compile ens up that way

I would appreciate your help

thanks in advance

Ben, thanks for the post - would you mind sending me a direct email via Help >> Mail to Support so I could send over the steps needed to resolve and also if needed schedule a remote session with you?

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand. Could you please send me the steps to do to try and fix the compiling error? I'm getting the exact same ones as benwinckelmans and during non-us market hours is the best time to create new strategies for testing but I can not import anything to include in the strategy because of error CS0246

Indicator\DBTDDIV.cs

The type or namespace name 'DivSpotter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Indicator\StrategyDivergence.cs

The type or namespace name 'List' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Ideally, I would like to fix this tonight so I can import the indicators to test in a strategy during market hours. Thanks.

Comment

gretzkyless, sorry to hear about the issue - best would be if you could send us a screenshot of the exact errors to support at ninjatrader dot com so we could review and advise.

For the first error, it seems your code refers to the DivSpotter indicator still, while it's not installed anymore?

For the second it sounds like you're trying to use a list in your script but missed assing a using directive in the top section to make available System.Collections.Generic (using System.Collections.Generic; )
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses