Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Performance of NinjaTrader Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance of NinjaTrader Application

I am in the midst of making some decisions around the hardware I will be running NinjaTrader on and wanted to ask a couple of questions for clarification with the goal of maximum performance

1) Is NinjaTrader a multi-threaded application? If I install it on a server with multiple CPUs, will NinjaTrader take advantage of the CPU horspower? In particular, I have a 4 way Xeon Dell server (Each CPU with Dual Cores). I am considering Windows 2003 Server as the operating system. Will NinjaTrader take advantage of the horsepower of this box?

2) Does NinjaTrader manage the RAM internally or does it allow Windows / .Net to take care of all RAM management? Specifically, if I have 8G of Ram in a 2003 Server environment will NinjaTrader take advantage of this horsepower (To whatever degree that the strategies being run require speed of processing)?

1) Yes its multi-threaded. It will take advantage of CPU based on how Windows manages it. Full advantage of multi core is coming with NT7.

2) .NET takes care of memory management for the most part.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes