Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed of the market

Hello,

I wonder if someone ever coded an indicator to show the speed of the market, something like an speedometer or a speed meter to gauge how fast the market is moving. Sometimes the market is very slow and barely moving, like a car going at 20 miles p/h, and then suddenly accelerates to 80 miles p/h, is there an indicator out there that can sense those changes?? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help...

Al

Originally posted by futuros View Post
    Hello,

I wonder if someone ever coded an indicator to show the speed of the market, something like an speedometer or a speed meter to gauge how fast the market is moving. Sometimes the market is very slow and barely moving, like a car going at 20 miles p/h, and then suddenly accelerates to 80 miles p/h, is there an indicator out there that can sense those changes?? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help...

Al
    Not really an "indicator", but a range bar chart performs in such a manner.

For futures, 4 range is some what standard.

A bar is only generated when a new price is encountered outside the range, eliminating time in that instance.

Comment

Futuros, here is a speed indicator that I use in Ninja. You can download it free from here:
      http://www.tradewiththeflow.com/2010...ape-indicator/

Comment

Thanks gain247, I'll take a look at your indicator and try to adapt it to my trading system...

Comment

TickSpeed and TimePerBar

I know this is an old thread but anyone else searching will hopefully find this. I couldn't find anything else out there that suited my purposes so I made this one. It is not fancy like my usual indicators but useful enough for anyone to build on. Pick between two methods, either TickSpeed which plots tick intensity or TimePerBar which plots the time in seconds each bar takes to plot. You can only use this on non-time based bars such as tick, range or volume bars. I added Bollinger bands to measure volatility of the plots. Enjoy
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sim22 View Post
            TickSpeed and TimePerBar

I know this is an old thread but anyone else searching will hopefully find this. I couldn't find anything else out there that suited my purposes so I made this one. It is not fancy like my usual indicators but useful enough for anyone to build on. Pick between two methods, either TickSpeed which plots tick intensity or TimePerBar which plots the time in seconds each bar takes to plot. You can only use this on non-time based bars such as tick, range or volume bars. I added Bollinger bands to measure volatility of the plots. Enjoy
            Did you ever convert this for NT8? Thanks
            Last edited by jack98765; 09-15-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by futuros View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for your help...

Al
              Did you ever find an indicator that works as you described?

Comment

Hello jack98765,

Thank you for your post.

Please see the attached skTimePerTickBarMod indicator that has been converted to be used with NinjaTrader 8.

Disclaimer: While our support does not make scripts at request, I've made an example as a learning tool for myself that I am happy to share.

Let us know if we may further assist.
                Attached Files
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ErikY, Today, 02:14 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by NeverDownMoney, Today, 02:32 PM