Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import stock symbol list - clashes with existing symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import stock symbol list - clashes with existing symbols

I'm importing a list of stock symbols. They are for the LSE. The import appears to work fine. However, if there is an existing stock with the same symbol (e.g. for the NYSE), then the LSE stock is not imported - I only have the previously existing stock symbol (with the exhange listed as the NYSE). I do not want to delete the existing NYSE stock symbols.

Is there some way around this problem?

Hello AntiMatter,

Please use a different symbol for such stocks, so they will be listed in the Instrument Manager. Subsequently highlight the stock in the Instrument Manager and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and correct the symbol map for the data feed provider you use. Click OK and click OK in the Instrument Manager. Restart NinjaTrader for the changes to take effect.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I can import the symbols.

However, despite the fact that I have market data access (on IB) for these symbols, and I have connected NT to IB, I cannot get any data for these stocks in NT. Could it be the symbol map in the instrument editor that needs editing? E.g. for AAL, do I need AAL:LON or something????

Comment

Can you please try the following. Remove the stock from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager.

Highlight the stock instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section.

Set Exchange to the exchange where the stock trades and not Default.

Click the arrow pointing to the left. Click OK in the Instrument Manager.

Select the stock in NinjaTrader and check if you receive data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I follow the above instructions for e.g. "BT", then NinjaTrader gives me data for the BT ATR (traded on the NYSE), rather than the data for the BT shares traded on the LSE. This is despite setting exchange to LSE.

In TWS, when typing "BT", the top choice is the ADR. NT seems to be defaulting to this, even when I specify the exchange!

Comment

Hello AntiMatter,

Thank you for your note.

Below I have attached a screenshot of how the settings for this instrument should look.

The symbol in Interactive Brokers is BT.A and the mapping should be BT.A|LSE.

I am unable to test these settings, so please let me know if this does not work for you.
            Attached Files
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hmmn,

I changed the settings for "BT" to exactly as above, but it still defaults to the ADR.

I tried creating a new instrument with the name "BT.A", but there is no data.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and I'll provide further instructions related to sending me a file so that we can double-check the settings which are being used.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes