Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Merge trade history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge trade history

This isn't really a Ninjascript question but I wasn't sure where else to ask. I've seen a couple posts where people try to merge their trades from different computers and there doesn't seem to be a good solution available for this. Some times I need to switch computers and I'd like to have all my history on the same computer.

I can see that all the trade history is stored in the NT database and I'd like to write a utility that will automatically merge databases. It shouldn't be too hard to do but I have a few questions about the columns that are being stored in nt_executions.

executionid - I'm assuming this is the exchange generated order
    counterid - some type of id
    token - unique id of the execution

What is the difference between the executionid and token, and why is the token the primary key and not the executionid? Also what is counterid?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, by policy accessing the internal tables/data within the NinjaTrader database is not something I'm able to offer support for.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

claxxical - did you ever get this to work? I've switched between computers and would like to merge my trade history. Sorry for the necro but this is a gaping hole in NT that there seems to be no suitable workaround for.

thx
      pj

Comment

Hello pj17903,
        This feature is currently not supported within NinjaTrader. You may try creating a backup file from File > Utilities > Backup > select the items you wish to transfer (database file) and send the backup file to your second computer. You will have to create a backup file each time you switch to another computer. This backup file will be located within Documents > NinjaTrader Backup.

Comment

Thanks NT_RyanM. I understood from the earlier posts that it's not supported but I appreciate your pointers on a workaround.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post loganjarosz123  
          Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Belfortbucks