Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing Custom Instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Custom Instruments

I have some price data for a few international stocks and bonds that I want to use in NT. I have downloaded the data and imported it into NT. That wasnt too bad

I have delayed daily data and the charts I am using are set up as such. However whenever I load one of my custom Instrument (FANUC) on a chart or in a market analyzer (the bigger problem) i get the message

"Error on loading chart data for 'FANUC Default': Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument"

it looks like the market analyzer is working with the delayed data but is not loading today's data. As well, I hate getting this error. Anyway around it?

In the symbol map FANUC got the "External" data provider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hello eurostoxx trader,

Thanks for writing in.

I am happy to assist with this and have a quick question.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

I look forward to your reply.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

right now connected to kinetic

Comment

Hello eurostoxx trader,

Thank you for that information.

May I have a screenshot of the mapping information for this custom instrument?

To view the mapping:
        • Click Tools -> Instrument Manager
        • Search for and select the row for this instrument -> click the Edit button
        • In the Instrument Editor window click the Misc tab -> scroll down to the symbol map section
        • Take a screenshot

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link.
        How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

please see the attached. I guess it worked btter when I disconnected the data provider. But I still find the dates are off by one bar. Odd
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello eurostoxx trader,

Thank you for that information.

Please add FANUF to the symbol mapping for Kinetick in the Instrument Editor for this instrument. Also, please add the OtcBB exchange to this instrument in the Exchanges list.

Then reload all historical data for this instrument.

Please let me know if that does not clear the error message and give you a current market price of 156.50.

Comment

Thanks,

I added the symbol map for Kinetic and OtcBB exchange but I still get the error loading message whenever I am using a the Kinetic data provider. However when I am not connected it works fine

Any ideas, or is this just something I have to live with

Comment

Hello eurostoxx trader,

That means that you are accessing the imported data in NinjaTrader but the symbol mapping to try to get data from Kinetick is still not right.

I believe that you are trying to get the "FANUC Corp" a "Tokyo" stock exchange. The symbol mapping that Chelsea was referring to was the "FANUC LIMITED" a "Nasdaq" stock exchange.

It does not look like Kinetick supports the "FANUC Corp - Tokyo" symbol so you would not be able to get data from it inside of NinjaTrader from Kinetick.

It would be possible to view the data since you have it imported but you would not be able to get delayed data for it. You may contact Kinetick at Support [at] Kinetick [dot] com to confirm this.

If you would like to be connected to Kinetick and still view the data you may turn off the feature that NinjaTrader will automatically download data by going to Tools -> Options -> Data tab and uncheck the "Get data from server (if available)" to be able to still view it.

Note if you would like to get historical data for other instruments you may right click inside of the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data"

FANUC LIMITED

FANUC Corp
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC... turnning off that get data from server looks to have solved the constant error message problem, which was the main thing

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post George21  
                  Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes