Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Regresssion Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regresssion Channels

Thanks for the new indicator is v6.5, for those of us that use advanceed get - this is a great tool to have for picking the end/start of a trend. Absolutley sensational for exit strategies - and I mean SENSATIONAL.

But we need a modification to really understand the power of the tool. I would be happy to code this, but may need a bit of help.

The regression is meant to be used from a "Pivot point to another pivot point", or from the top of a swing to the bottom of the swing. Using it over the last # of bars is pretty useless in my theory.... but maybe not others.

So, we need to use the same ideal of 2 SD, using the price data of the underlying series. But you need to be able to pick the bars to start and END the calculations... Then we can add the real cool stuff, like adding "HiLo" flip and colours and identifiers.

But - I need to be able to pick the beginning and end days to do the calcs. So the question beckons...

Who has any drawable indicator with an onscreen button that I can steal the code and modify to create these plots.

I am happy to share the end indicator / program with any and everyone. i will even do a quick video on how to use it.

Enjoy

OK,

I have been progressing with this - but still unsure how to get a button on the tool bar at the top.

MTPredictor do this with their Risk Reward feature (Top feature BTW) You click a button - pick the top of a bar, then another part of the chart and it will give you calculations.

So you can definitely do this...

Anyone done this before...

Comment

It is possible, but unfortunately this is outside the scope of what we can support.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK,

Thanks anyway . . .

Comment

You may also want to try one of our NinjaScript Consultants. They may be able to help you out as a last resort. http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Thanks mate, but I am a programmer by trade and quite enjoy the actual "building phase"

I will work out a way - even if it with an external DLL.

Comment

Great to hear that. You may still find it worthwhile to contact Muly over at fin-alg. I have seen some of his products and they do use extra buttons. He may share some concepts with you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes