Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is an ATM Strategy User Accesable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is an ATM Strategy User Accesable

Can an ATM strategy definition be read or modified. I didn't know if it was stored somewhere in an XML file.

Scenario: I want to use an ATM strategy in a strategy for placing orders but would like to modify the ATM strategy sometimes.

Hello ct,

The only supported way you can modify an ATM Strategy is by opening up an Order Entry for example an SuperDOM, select the ATM Strategy, modify it, and then save it again.

The ATM Strategies are going to be saved in the NinjaTrader Database file ( Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db -> NinjaTrader.sdf ) so it will not be easily open and modified via code.

This is a Microsoft SQL file, which can be modified but would require quite a bit of SQL and coding knowledge to be able to change this.

You may want to make multiple ATM Strategies and then use a user defined input parameter to change the name of the ATM Strategy that you would like to use.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JC

thanks you told everything I needed to now. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ct View Post
        Can an ATM strategy definition be read or modified. I didn't know if it was stored somewhere in an XML file.

Scenario: I want to use an ATM strategy in a strategy for placing orders but would like to modify the ATM strategy sometimes.
        What you could do, is to create several ATM strategies and save them, and then let your automated strategy select one of them. Once the ATM strategy has been activated by your strategy, it cannot be modified anymore.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite