Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Display Displaced MA Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Displaced MA Lines

I've used the standard EMA script with a displace forward of 3. How do I see the line past the current bar. I've done this so I can get the end of the line away from the clutter of the bar so it's easier to view it. Is this possible or do I need to write my own script?

buzzsaw, this would be possible to visualize per default - you just would need to make sure to have scrolled the chart further to the left, so beyond the right most bar on the screen.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaw View Post
      I've used the standard EMA script with a displace forward of 3. How do I see the line past the current bar. I've done this so I can get the end of the line away from the clutter of the bar so it's easier to view it. Is this possible or do I need to write my own script?
      How much empty space do you have on the right of the price bars?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        buzzsaw, this would be possible to visualize per default - you just would need to make sure to have scrolled the chart further to the left, so beyond the right most bar on the screen.
        That was my first thought but that is not the case. Attached is an image where the gold line is displaced forward 3 bars and the pink line is not displaced. So what am I missing?
        Attached Files

Comment

I have 100 or 200 margin to the right because I like space after the last bar.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaw View Post
            I have 100 or 200 margin to the right because I like space after the last bar.
            Then you should be able to see the displaced Plot floating into that space.

Comment

@koganam and @bertrand I agree that it should be there but it isn't so what setting, if any, do I have wrong? If it works on your systems then there's something different and I need help in identifying what that is so I can rectify it?

Comment

buzzsaw, would you mind posting a screenshot of your chart outcome and settings used so we could check in detail?

That would be great - thx.

Comment

Post number 4 has an image. The red is the default EMA and the only thing I changed in the gold line is displace from 0 to 3. What other images can I provide?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks - please be sure to 'grab' your bars and scroll them more to the left, so you would see the hollow arrow appear on the upper right side, only then the displaced values would be shown.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try tonight when I get access to the system again. Does that mean I have to keep nudging this with each new bar or does the nudge occur automatically once set? Can we get this added to the NT8 wish list, i.e. show all studies/indicators if projected/displaced forward?? Pretty please!

Comment

Exactly this item is already on our feature suggestion list for the next major platform update, I will make sure to note your request / vote for it as well there. But yes for now it would need to be moved to show the forward displaced studies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes