Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maintenance

Hi, I want to clean up my list of indicators, many which are old and unused ... is there a way to delete groups of indicators rather than individually

Hello pman777,

Unfortunately you can only delete indicators one at a time at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can open the directory Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicator and delete all indicator files that you do not wish to keep.

However, if you do this

- you need to open an indicator via the NinjaTrader editor and recompile afterwards
      - you would get compiler errors, if some of the deleted indicator files were required by other indicators or strategies
      - you would then have to delete all indicators and strategies that are referencing the files that you have already deleted

I personally have created a sub-directory within bin -> Custom -> Indicator and move all files that I want to delete into that subdirectory. That way it is easier to get them back, if they are still required by other files.

Deleting assemblies manually is more complex, as the references have to be removed as well. I would only do that, if uninstalling via NinjaTrader does not work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite  
      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred