Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

add CAC40 monep additional timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add CAC40 monep additional timeframe

What is the syntax for ADD to add a CAC40 additional time frame. I know I need to tell it the MONEP exchange I just don't know the correct syntax for the ADD statement.

I wasn't sure if it was dot MONEP or space MONEP or it was before or after the period date.

I think it is "CAC40 MONEP 06-13" but thought I would ask first to make it easier on myself.
    Last edited by ct; 06-09-2013, 06:47 AM.

Originally posted by ct View Post
    What is the syntax for ADD to add a CAC40 additional time frame. I know I need to tell it the MONEP exchange I just don't know the correct syntax for the ADD statement.

I wasn't sure if it was dot MONEP or space MONEP or it was before or after the period date.

I think it is "CAC40 MONEP 06-13" but thought I would ask first to make it easier on myself.
    I know nothing of this, but searching on CAC40 or MONEP returns a bunch of posts which might be helpful...

like this one: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ighlight=MONEP

Comment

Hello ct,

Thank you for your post.

There is no method to set the exchange of the added instrument via Add(). You will set the exchange within the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager). For information on the Instrument Manager please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt_manager.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Patrick

Thanks for the reply. I understand fully. However that isn't what I interpreted on NinjaTrader documentation on the Add command "NOTE: You can optionally add the exchange name as a suffix to the symbol name. This is only advised if the instrument has multiple possible exchanges that it can trade on and it is configured within the Instrument Manager. For example: Add("MSFT Arca", PeriodType.Minute, 5).". I guess I read it wrong.

Comment

Hello ct,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct, if the instrument is set with multiple exchanges you can add the exchange to the instrumentName string. However, the exchange must be added in the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) for the instrument.

To do this go to Tools > Instrument Manager > search for the instrument > double click on the instrument in the search results > when the Instrument Editor loads add the exchange to the exchange list by left clicking on the check box > then OK > OK.

The exchange will have a space in between in the Add() method, there will be no dot (period). The contract month comes before the exchange: "CAC40 06-13 MONEP"

Please let me know if this resolves the matter.

Comment

Patrick

Thanks. All clear now. You had me scratching my head for a minute.

I tried putting the exchange after the instrument name instead after the contract date. It works now.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Nyman
            by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
            9 responses