Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaScript Libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Libraries

I'm trying to find out if NinjaScript supports the development of "Libraries"?

In other languages, code functions can be developed into external libraries, "included" into the main script and called from that main script.

I've been through the help file and don't see any reference to this feature. I do see .net class builders, but wanted to get an answer directly from your guys before I start working in .net to create a new class library.

thanks in advance.

B

This is possible but not something we can provide support for.

Please see this thread as I think it will help you through this process: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=44225

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How about this? Can one NinjaScript file call a function of another NinjaScript file and retrieve the return value(s)?

Comment

Absolutely.

Here is an example: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmatheny View Post
          I'm trying to find out if NinjaScript supports the development of "Libraries"?

In other languages, code functions can be developed into external libraries, "included" into the main script and called from that main script.

I've been through the help file and don't see any reference to this feature. I do see .net class builders, but wanted to get an answer directly from your guys before I start working in .net to create a new class library.

thanks in advance.

B
          Develop your library as a set of class files that are partial classes of the classes from which the main entities, indicators and strategies, derive. Use the UserDefinedMethods.cs files as templates.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            Develop your library as a set of class files that are partial classes of the classes from which the main entities, indicators and strategies, derive. Use the UserDefinedMethods.cs files as templates.
            That's what I was looking for. I'd seen it before, but could not locate it in the help files. Thanks.

Comment

Can I encrypt and distribute a custom userDefinedMethod.cs file with my NinjaScript application?

thanks for all the help guys. I'm almost ready.

Comment

While it's not supported, yes you will be able to include this file when exporting. Just like with exporting any other script it will appear in the export window: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tml?export.htm

For encryption: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l_security.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post dappa
                by dappa

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                4 responses