• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bar Score Over N Bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aventeren View Post
    So I think I need to work on this step wise.

1st: Can someone please confirm that if I place this code:

[Browsable(false)]
    [XmlIgnore()]
    public double Seriessum
    {
    get { return seriessum; }
    }

In the Properties section of the IndicatorSource code, that other indicators will be able to access the IndicatorSource's Seriessum values?

Before I get into adding an indicator to another indicator, I first want to make sure that I have properly revealed the Seriessum values for use.

Thanks,

Aventeren
    We need to be sure of what you want to do.

Are you sure that you want to expose a double, rather than a DataSeries. The code that you have posted exposes a double.

Comment

2nd: Can someone please confirm that the proper way to make an indicator's values available within a new indicator, that the following line of code is the correct way to initialize and add an indicator to a new indicator:

//Iniitalize()
      Add(IndicatorSource()); // Adds the IndicatorSource

The above assumes that the name of the indicator that I am trying to call is named "IndicatorSource"--and it also assumes that the IndicatorSource indicator does not have any overloads, which it doesn't.

I am getting the following error when I try and add IndicatorSource into the indicator:

CS1502: The best overload method match for 'Ninjatrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase.Add(NinjaTrad er.Gui.Chart.Line)' has some invalid arguments.

CS1501: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorSource' to 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Line'

Can someone please help me determine what might be causing this error and what the proper way to add an existing indicator to a new indicator so that the existing indicator's values can be plotted?

Thanks,

Aventeren

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        We need to be sure of what you want to do.

Are you sure that you want to expose a double, rather than a DataSeries. The code that you have posted exposes a double.
        Thanks, Koganam;

The values that I want to expose from the IndicatorSource are double values, which in the IndicatorSource indicator were:

//Variables
        private double seriessum = 0; // Variable to store the series sum over N bars

//OnBarUpdate
        series.Set(score); //Where "score" is a type int value that represents the current bar's score and "series" is a DataSeries.
        seriessum = SUM(series, serieslength)[0]; // This is where the seriessum variable received its values, which are of type double--AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THESE ARE THE VALUES THAT I AM LOOKING TO PLOT. seriessum is simply a score count of n bars. Again, these are the values that I am looking to plot.

//Properties
        //This is where I publicly exposed the seriessum values as a type double called Seriessum
        [Browsable(false)]
        [XmlIgnore()]
        public double Seriessum
        {
        }

Would you concur that my logic (above) is correct?

Thanks, Koganam--I REALLY appreciate your help.

Aventeren
        Last edited by aventeren; 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Koganam;

The values that I want to expose from the IndicatorSource are double values, which in the IndicatorSource indicator were:

//Variables
          private double seriessum = 0; // Variable to store the series sum over N bars

//OnBarUpdate
          series.Set(score); //Where "score" is a type int value that represents the current bar's score and "series" is a DataSeries.
          seriessum = SUM(series, serieslength)[0]; // This is where the seriessum variable received its values, which are of type double--AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THESE ARE THE VALUES THAT I AM LOOKING TO PLOT. seriessum is simply a score count of n bars. Again, these are the values that I am looking to plot.

//Properties
          //This is where I publicly exposed the seriessum values as a type double called Seriessum
          [Browsable(false)]
          [XmlIgnore()]
          public double Seriessum
          {
          }

Would you concur that my logic (above) is correct?

Thanks, Koganam--I REALLY appreciate your help.

Aventeren
          Not quite. If you expose anything other than a Plot, you need to run Update() in the getter.

Here is a reference sample that might get you going much faster. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Comment

Not quite. If you expose anything other than a Plot, you need to run Update() in the getter.

Here is a reference sample that might get you going much faster. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991
            Okay, thanks Koganam; I'll take a look at this either later tonight (after NBA Finals Game 7) or in the AM.

So basically I'm thinking that I'll need to create a new DataSeries in the "source" indicator (which we're calling IndicatorSource here), and then .Set the new DataSeries values to populate the new DataSeries values. Then under Properties expose a new public DataSeries instead of the current double that I am trying to expose now. So that's where my mind is currently at while sitting in front of the TV without having my computer in front of me.

I guess one basic question I have: it is possible to grab a publicly exposed indicator value (ie, the new DataSeries above) and then use that in another indicator, right? Or can you only pull a publicly exposed DataSeries into a strategy (ie, not an indicator).

Thanks for your help, Koganam. You're an all star!

Aventeren

Comment

Okay, thanks Koganam; I'll take a look at this either later tonight (after NBA Finals Game 7) or in the AM.

So basically I'm thinking that I'll need to create a new DataSeries in the "source" indicator (which we're calling IndicatorSource here), and then .Set the new DataSeries values to populate the new DataSeries values. Then under Properties expose a new public DataSeries instead of the current double that I am trying to expose now. So that's where my mind is currently at while sitting in front of the TV without having my computer in front of me.

I guess one basic question I have: it is possible to grab a publicly exposed indicator value (ie, the new DataSeries above) and then use that in another indicator, right? Or can you only pull a publicly exposed DataSeries into a strategy (ie, not an indicator).

Thanks for your help, Koganam. You're an all star!

Aventeren
              Any object that is public in a namespace can be accessed by any other object that uses the namespace.

Comment

Any object that is public in a namespace can be accessed by any other object that uses the namespace.
                Thanks; so I'll assume that your very precise answer means that yes, an indicator or a strategy can access a publicly exposed DataSeries.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bouncetherubble, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                Started by bortz, Yesterday, 08:18 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes