Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Assertion Failed - cannot connect to MBt/EFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assertion Failed - cannot connect to MBt/EFX

Hi,

I have written a strategy which is multi-instruments FX based and i am using version 6.5.9 with MBT/EFX demo data source for simulate testing.

When i test run the the strategy, sometimes i got an error message in the log which is:

"Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for strategy 'ATv1': Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." (Detailed Log file is attached)

I am not sure what's that cuase the problem as it can run sometimes. After i tried running this strategy about 12 hours, i can't connect to MBT/EFX even i uninstall and install back the NT and i got a "Assertion Failed" message whenever i want to connect to MBT/EFX. (Screenshot is attached)

Can i know how can i solve this problem and have it connected back to MBT/EFX?
    Attached Files

Please check out this tip: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3170
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On the assertion:
      - Tools->Options->please check "show diagnostics tab" -> ok
      - Diagnostics tab: make sure you ONLY have checked options Order, Connect and To File only. NEVER check any other option unless advised by our support team.

Comment

Multi Orders Failed

Thanks for solving the "Assertion failed" issue.

But i still got error message on "Object reference not set to an object reference", so i rewrite a simple order code but it can't physically send orders to the simulation account, but the output window shows orders are being processed and filled.

Can i know how can i get orders filled physically in the simulation account? (Let's just ignore the "Object reference not set" first) Thanks in advance.

Below is the dummy simple multi instruments order code which only send orders to the simulation account. (File attached as well)

-Solved-
        Last edited by goover; 03-02-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

You can open a chart, connect to a real-time feed, apply your strategy to the chart. In this process, you can select the "Sim101" account which will then direct orders to the simulation account.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            You can open a chart, connect to a real-time feed, apply your strategy to the chart. In this process, you can select the "Sim101" account which will then direct orders to the simulation account.
            Yes, this is what i have done but i can only see the order process (pending submit, working, filled, etc) by printing the IOrder value in the output window and those filled orders are not shown in the Orders Tab.

Comment

Please check out this tip: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4226
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes