Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

news breakout robot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

news breakout robot

I would like to make my own based on what this one does here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I am not a programer but know what instrument I want to make it for.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to what I need to learn to be able to make this robot work for NG. There is a news spike every Thursday at 1030am based on the nat gas report that comes out at that time. I have tried to do it manually but I either get skipped or get FUBAR..

Is there a certain programming language I would need to learn to be able to make this robot? If so what is it? Any info on where can find out how to learn it free online to be to make this robot would be appreciated

I am not sure of the parameters just yet however it is most likely going to be a conbination of a volume surge and speed of PA. I need for the robot to place the order, SL and PT all at the same time. In the vid they use a 15 second chart set up which I think is the best way to go. The spike in NG happens in nanoseconds it seems and there has got to be a way to catch that without getting FUBAR.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Power Broker

EDIT: I did have this in a previous thread. My apologies for the repeat. I still want to make this robot as I think it can really work. The logic is there for it however I am not a programmer so I don't know where to start. NEED HELP
    Last edited by Power Broker; 07-07-2013, 08:08 AM.

There are two ways to trade a breakout during a news spike.

(1) via a stop order (stop buy above price or stop sell below)

(2) based on some other parameters such as surge in volume or momentum

It seems that you wish to go for the second option. This means that you need to be faster than anybody else. If you want to trade NG you should

-> have a broker with the access point close to the data center / matching engine of NYMEX
    -> have a VPN in the same facility where your broker has the access point
    -> have a special agreement with your broker to bypass margin controls for your high frequency trades

Preferably you would have a seat at the exchange for faster access.

Go ahead and sharpen your teeth before you engage in a battle with the sharks!
    To win this battle your latency must be lower than the latency of anyone else engaging in the same trade. If I was working for a hedge fund and planning a news breakout strategy, I would first invest in the infrastructure to be the fastest to enter the trade. In a second step I would publish a few news breakout strategies and make them available on retail platforms and the internet.

This is because the hedge fund needs to find somebody to unload the positions once they have made their profit. That somebody will be you. Good luck on your way to high frequency trading.....

Originally posted by Power Broker View Post
    I would like to make my own based on what this one does here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I am not a programer but know what instrument I want to make it for.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to what I need to learn to be able to make this robot work for NG. There is a news spike every Thursday at 1030am based on the nat gas report that comes out at that time. I have tried to do it manually but I either get skipped or get FUBAR..

Is there a certain programming language I would need to learn to be able to make this robot? If so what is it? Any info on where can find out how to learn it free online to be to make this robot would be appreciated

I am not sure of the parameters just yet however it is most likely going to be a conbination of a volume surge and speed of PA. I need for the robot to place the order, SL and PT all at the same time. In the vid they use a 15 second chart set up which I think is the best way to go. The spike in NG happens in nanoseconds it seems and there has got to be a way to catch that without getting FUBAR.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Power Broker

EDIT: I did have this in a previous thread. My apologies for the repeat. I still want to make this robot as I think it can really work. The logic is there for it however I am not a programmer so I don't know where to start. NEED HELP

Comment

thanks to the responders

So are you guys saying that the vid robot is BS and the guy is FOS?

Does he have the technology and colocation aspects of what is needed to make what he is showing actually work?

Would it be better to try it with an ATM stratgey with limit orders attached to the SL and PT? I did make a strategy for that.

Comment

So are you guys saying that the vid robot is BS and the guy is FOS?

Does he have the technology and colocation aspects of what is needed to make what he is showing actually work?
        I do not know. But for sure colocation is required.

Would it be better to try it with an ATM stratgey with limit orders attached to the SL and PT? I did make a strategy for that.
        With the ATM strategy you cannot simulate slippage.

- if you use a market order to enter after the news impact then you will be too slow
        - if you use a stop order to enter, it will already be sitting at the exchange in time and the slippage will be smaller compared to a robot entering via a market order

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
        1 response
        0 likes