Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving down the ChartTrader buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving down the ChartTrader buttons

Hi,

At the moment when ChartTrader is opened on the right side of the chart, the buttons are aligned from the top.

Is there a way, to amend the code, to make a gap at the top? So that all the buttons are pushed downwards a certain number of pixels?

My screen is very tall, and the buttons are all at the top, I want to move them down so they are closer to the middle/bottom of the screen.

Thanks for any help.

Hello ScottieDog,

I am not aware of anyway to be able to do this but there is a strategy inside of our NinjaScript File Sharing section that creates buttons that you may view that may help.

Note this is something that we do not support. With that said, I will forward your suggestion to our Development team to be able to move the buttons.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

There must be a way to do it, something in the code must define where those ChartTrader buttons sit. I´ve seen a few other indicators where the buttons are able to be hidden & moved around etc, so it must be possible to insert some sort of offset somewhere in the code to move the buttons down to a desired spot, but where is this code that defines this?

I was under the impression the code for Ninja was totally open to be able to change whatever one liked?

Thanks for the link to that strat, but its not what I am looking for.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your response.

NinjaTrader is not open source, there is proprietary code that is not available to view. However, NinjaScript is based on C# and with that you can work in several unsupported methods to achieve your goals here.

As mentioned, this is unsupported and we do not have any documentation on this matter. The Link provided earlier and below is to a NinjaScript code that shows how to manipulate toolbars and buttons, this would be a good starting off point for you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7