Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Regarding strategy resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding strategy resume

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but I hope I am.

Imagine this scenario, I have multiple strategies running on the same instrument. Imagine we close NT7, leaving some positions hanging and I want to resume next day (without closing the positions). I can't use "Sync to account postion" since I have multiple strategies and I'm aware that NT7 looses all connection to the positions if the strategies are disabled and positions are left.

How do I handle such situation? Please keep in mind I that can not close positions on strategy disable and that there must be multiple strategies on same instrument.

Hello,

Please go to Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript tab

Here you can choose Wait until flat or Immediately submit.

If you use Immediately submit live working historical orders it will make an attempt to use the active order.

See the third option description here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for fast response.

Clear about the "immediately submit", however not clear about the 3rd option.

Isn't the 3rd option viable ONLY if I have one position generated by ONE strategy and it should match account position? In my case, I have multiple strategies on one instrument.

Comment

While you could try setting immediately submit and leaving sync account to false there are cases when it wouldn't properly recognize the open orders. The historical results would have to match exactly that of the prior live trades.

I will have a suggestion sent to development to consider other ways to sync this when dealing with multiple strategies on the same instrument.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes