Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Regular trading hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular trading hours

Is there anyway to change all the instruments in the instrument manager to regular trading hours aside from doing it manually one by one. I see many of them are defaulted to 24/7.

Originally posted by zachj View Post
    Is there anyway to change all the instruments in the instrument manager to regular trading hours aside from doing it manually one by one. I see many of them are defaulted to 24/7.
    First of all none of the US equities or futures contracts that I have used so far is set to the standard template 24/7. But all of these use speficic templates. Please take into account that electronic and regular trading hours of index futures, interest rate futures, gold futures, gas futures are all different.

The session templates in the instrument manager are preset to ETH for most of the futures contracts, and they are preset to RTH for most of the stocks.

If you want to change the session templates for futures to RTH - this is not recommended because you exclude price information - you can do this one by one. There are maybe 50 liquid futures contracts, which can be traded intraday. Not a big deal to select appropriate session templates for them.

Comment

No just stocks. I'm seeing several stocks in there set to 24/7, they were already sitting there as such.

Comment

Zachj,

Unfortunately you will need to go in and change each instrument one by one to change the session template.
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. What about if I am backtesting and change the session template, will that change any instruments im testing to rth?

Comment

Zachj,

If you change the session template in back testing, it will only change that instrument's session template for only that back test.
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by zachj View Post
              No just stocks. I'm seeing several stocks in there set to 24/7, they were already sitting there as such.

All stocks that I have checked were set to US Equities RTH. Which stocks do you talk about?

Comment

It looks like it's ones that are missing a description and have not been fully setup yet for whatever reason. Likely specific to my instrument manager. I will just go thru and manually change them one by one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno