Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

output window - how to delete old msgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

output window - how to delete old msgs

How do I remove old print msg's from the Output Window.

Also, I'm running a script with live market data now (but from my SIM acct). And I notice the output window is displaying a print stmt that I never coded.

8/2/2013 8:58:47 AM V shape in lin reg SHORT
    8/2/2013 9:00:36 AM V shape in lin reg LONG

I've looked through my NJScript and I don't see it anywhere. This msg is helpful, as I do watch the Linregs, and it appears to be working correctly. However, I'm just not sure how it is being displayed. I would like to see the code. It keeps repeating and it's difficult to see my other msg's.

You can right click the output window -> Clear

It could be this print is coming from another indicator or strategy that is running. (or an indicator that the strategy references)

To isolate the indicator, as a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests. (if you already have a simple workspace there probably isn't a need for this, but it can be helpful to quickly simplify)

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.
    * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Lance. I'll try it when market cools down. I'm sure it is my workspace, as i have charted 'LinRegSignals', which must be one of the vendor-supplied indicators I purchased. (It doesn't appear in the list of NJScript Indicators). I believe their NJCode is in another folder, but I'll worry about that later.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Handclap0241