Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DLL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLL Question

Hello,

I am confused about how I get info about writing a custom DLL for NT7, etc. I see many 3rd party add-ons that seem to access information that is not available in NinjaScript, and I don't know how they do this or where to find documentation about how to do this. Forgive me, but I am a bit confused.

Just to make things simple, I would like to answer the following question just to find out more about this process:

• How would I create a DLL that prints to the Output window the volume of sellers lined up at the price 3 ticks higher than the current Ask Price for a futures contract? (This would require accessing information that is not available in NinjaScript but that I have seen certain 3rd party indicators access through custom/external dll's.)

Any links to relevant info/documentation about this topic are also greatly appreciated as these would help me to get started on researching things for myself. As it stands now, I don't even know where to look to try and do my own research on the topic.

Thanks in advance for any help with my questions.

OK... I just saw OnMarketDepth() and MarketDepthEventArgs in the NinjaScript documentation which would allow me to do what I was asking about in my previous post.

So, maybe someone can tell me this...

• If someone creates a custom DLL for NinjaTrader 7, can they access information about NT7 that is not exposed via NinjaScript in the dll, or is this not possible? (I'm not talking about the possibility of reverse-engineering code and re-compiling a doctored version of NT7 or anything like that. I'm just wondering if there is a sanctioned way to access the internal workings of NT7, that are not exposed in NinjaScript, via a custom dll.)

Again, thanks in advance for any help with my question.
    Last edited by flonkle; 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Fonkle,

Thank you for your note.

This is out of bounds for the level of support that we can offer.

However, I will leave this thread open so that our other users may be able to assist you in your questions.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jclose
      by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      10 responses