Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Error Message

Hello

I've been working with strategies and compiling them for ages and today for the very first time I got the following error message:
    "NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator.JurikJMA is a method, but is used like a Type" CS0118
    I got a similar error message for quite a few other Indicators from Jurik although I never used them and they aren't part of my strategy at all (they don't even appear in the Ninja indicators window).

Any pointer as to what to do would be much appreciated.

Hello,

The Jurik indicators are not open source but do come standard with NinjaTrader. It may be that your references have been altered and need to be corrected.

please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
    In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
    This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
    In the context menu click on ‘References’
    In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
    After removing, add back the reference with the right path :

In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
    Select all the missing DLL’s (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click ‘Ok’. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
    Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
    (the Jurik indicators are located inside (MY)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll )
    The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state
    Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply Lance.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
      In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
      By "noted DLL files", do you mean the ones that are generating error messages when I compile my strategy?
      I'm asking this because in the Reference dialog, there's no mention of those.

I've attached the two error messages I'm getting as well as my the Reference dialog window.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Yes regardless of which script you compile you will get that error message. This is because when you compile one script it checks all of them for errors.

In your reference window you will need to add the reference for the vendor DLL and it looks like it will compile fine after doing so.

The vendor reference is located in (MY)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll

If you would like remote assistance in doing this please mail to support at ninjatrader dot com
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Lance,

Got it, thanks. I did what you suggested and everything is OK now.

Thanks again & have a great day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes