Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Point and Figure 1 box chart does not display properly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point and Figure 1 box chart does not display properly...

I know there's been some mention of this before, but I really would like to stipulate that this should be changed. As more and more people are discovering and utilizing PnF charts as well as Wyckoff strategies proper PnF analysis on 1 box charts really does require an X and an O to be printed on the same line, when the price action calls for it of course. I for one won't use the 1 box chart due to this problem. I really hope that this is in the "to-do list".

Thanks for sharing your input funk101, yes this thought is already tracked and I've made sure your feedback gets added as well on this item in our product enhancement lists for future consideration.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, but this may create a bigger problem

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Thanks for sharing your input funk101, yes this thought is already tracked and I've made sure your feedback gets added as well on this item in our product enhancement lists for future consideration.

Bertrand,

Currently PnFs on Ninja show VOL on columns.
      This is a great feature.

If both an x and o are on the same column, this feature may become corrupted.

Please forward this thought as well.

The "enhancement" could do a lot more harm than good.

This is the one feature you have that MC, Sierra etc do not have.

Thanks,

originally posted by Funk,

"I know there's been some mention of this before, but I really would like to stipulate that this should be changed. As more and more people are discovering and utilizing PnF charts as well as Wyckoff strategies proper PnF analysis on 1 box charts really does require an X and an O to be printed on the same line, when the price action calls for it of course. I for one won't use the 1 box chart due to this problem. I really hope that this is in the "to-do list"
      __

Funk,

I get where you are coming from and you may want to be sure that the enhancement does not deprive a rich feature of Ninja

Comment

Appreciate you taking the time to post this smuir, I will make sure this thought gets added as well so it can be considered as well when we discuss the implications of changes / improvements to the advanced chart types such as PnF for our next major update.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 08-25-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not following. Please explain the VOL that is shown on NT PnF charts.

Comment

Another PnF issue...

Please see attached image. When I go for a longer box size, say 10x3, 25x3, etc. NT PnF starts to show two columns of the same type. For instance, to columns of X's or O's side by side. Is there a reason for this? True PnF would display those columns in one row as the trend has not changed. These little anomalies change the landscape of the chart and throw off the target calculations which make up the centerpiece of PnF charting.
            I put forth that NT revisit the PnF chart and make an effort to adhere to or at least give an option to be able to use PnF in the classical PnF tradition.
            I find that I am only able to use NT PnF charts as 2x3 and 5x3 as the chart seems to fall apart at the 1 box reversal and higher "box" sizes ie: 10, 25, 50 etc for longer term focus.
            This is not a "flame" post, or just a rant. Much respect to NT.
            Peace.
            Attached Files

Comment

The 2 columns seem to be a feature of PnF in Ninja that occur when column extends past RTH.
              I've noticed it also.
              Unless you are programming it shouldn't be a deal.
              If you are, well....

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

Appreciate you taking the time to post this smuir, I will make sure this thought gets added as well so it can be considered as well when we discuss the implications of changes / improvements to the advanced chart types such as PnF for our next major update.
                I appreciate it.
                You guys are the only ones that have this great feature, and I am not the only one that uses it.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 08-25-2013, 12:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by smuir View Post
                  The 2 columns seem to be a feature of PnF in Ninja that occur when column extends past RTH.
                  I've noticed it also.
                  Unless you are programming it shouldn't be a deal.
                  If you are, well....
                  Hmm, in my image you can see the "session" bars. Some of the X's and O's are in the middle of two sessions. That should not be an issue right?

Comment

I appreciate it.
                    You guys are the only ones that have this great feature, and I am not the only one that uses it.
                    Please smuir, explain to me the Volume that only NT PnF charts display? I don't think I understand.

Comment

Here I'll answer all 3 of your questions / issues, and one you didn't ask:

Volume?
                      Indicators....
                      VOL (number of shares/contracts)

The double XXXs OOOs seem to be regular trading hours/ORTH when they overlap

Issue with when you set the Price to HighsAndLows instead of Close is not unique to Ninja
                      (the industry standard is wrong) you didn't ask, but it will be a problem at some point

Finally, Linnsoft is the only software/broker that provides Wyckoff type PnF

___

After this you are on your own, I'm just a user like you

Comment

Here I'll answer all 3 of your questions / issues, and one you didn't ask:

Volume?
                        Indicators....
                        VOL (number of shares/contracts)

The double XXXs OOOs seem to be regular trading hours/ORTH when they overlap

Issue with when you set the Price to HighsAndLows instead of Close is not unique to Ninja
                        (the industry standard is wrong) you didn't ask, but it will be a problem at some point

Finally, Linnsoft is the only software/broker that provides Wyckoff type PnF

___

After this you are on your own, I'm just a user like you
                        Ok, I apologize, but your response makes no sense to me re: the volumes. Are you saying that the ability to add the VOL indicator is unique to NT? If so, how would having the correct 1box reversal chart hinder that?

Comment

Originally posted by funk101 View Post
                          Please see attached image. When I go for a longer box size, say 10x3, 25x3, etc. NT PnF starts to show two columns of the same type. For instance, to columns of X's or O's side by side. Is there a reason for this? True PnF would display those columns in one row as the trend has not changed. These little anomalies change the landscape of the chart and throw off the target calculations which make up the centerpiece of PnF charting.
                          I put forth that NT revisit the PnF chart and make an effort to adhere to or at least give an option to be able to use PnF in the classical PnF tradition.
                          I find that I am only able to use NT PnF charts as 2x3 and 5x3 as the chart seems to fall apart at the 1 box reversal and higher "box" sizes ie: 10, 25, 50 etc for longer term focus.
                          This is not a "flame" post, or just a rant. Much respect to NT.
                          Peace.
                          Correct, that would be because the count is reset on the session break - default for all our chart types - we're have more flexible option to deal with this scenario on our list to look into as well for the next major update. Currently a used 'workaround' is for example a week long custom session, then you would only have a break on the weekend - since a week would be the longest session you could define.

Comment

Correct, that would be because the count is reset on the session break - default for all our chart types - we're have more flexible option to deal with this scenario on our list to look into as well for the next major update. Currently a used 'workaround' is for example a week long custom session, then you would only have a break on the weekend - since a week would be the longest session you could define.
                            Ah, very cool, I will try that.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Monthly Session Templates?

The work around for my other issue -> Weekly Session Template works fine on the 5x3 and 2x3 box charts, however in going for a 25x3 box chart for longer term views, it starts to show adjacent O's and X's again.
                              Is it possible to get a workaround for this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrancisMorro  
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes