Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Screenshot of my ChartWindow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot of my ChartWindow

Hi,

I want to be able to take a screenshot of my chart from within my indicator. I have been able to get it partially correct by using a handle to GetForeGroundWindow(), creating a rect, etc and this works.

The part that I am stuck on is that if my chart is not the foreground window, or not the active window my screenshot is of some other window.

If tried to use the function SetForeGroundWindow() but it relies on knowing your own window handle. Ive tried to get the handle using this.Handle but that doesnt compile.

Could anybody tell me how to set the chart window from which my indicator is running to be the foreground window? or maybe some other method of getting the screenshot?

Thanks.

This might give you some ideas

Originally posted by dontpanic View Post
    Hi,

I want to be able to take a screenshot of my chart from within my indicator. I have been able to get it partially correct by using a handle to GetForeGroundWindow(), creating a rect, etc and this works.

The part that I am stuck on is that if my chart is not the foreground window, or not the active window my screenshot is of some other window.

If tried to use the function SetForeGroundWindow() but it relies on knowing your own window handle. Ive tried to get the handle using this.Handle but that doesnt compile.

Could anybody tell me how to set the chart window from which my indicator is running to be the foreground window? or maybe some other method of getting the screenshot?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello donotpanic,

Thank you for your post.

The link Sledge provides offers a possible solution to this matter. This is unsupported territory as there is no supported method within NinjaScript to take a screenshot. You will be using general C# programming to achieve this.

Please let me know if I may be of assistance.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-24-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby