Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I remove all custom assemblies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I remove all custom assemblies?

In compiling my indicator I am getting the error

the namespace ninjatrader.indicator already contains a definition for <myindicatorname>

When I double click on the error message another source file opens up, an older version of the same indicator.

Neither the old one nor the new one will compile and I cannot remove assemblies due to programming errors.

Is there a way to fix this, or just remove entirely all my custom assemblies without losing any other part of my setup?

Thanks,
    Will.

Hello,

If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

From your description it sounds like you'll need to fix or delete the previous version of the script. This can be deleted by going to tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator/strategy select the file -> delete

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

If you can't resolve the specific issue please send mail to support at ninjatrader dot com and let us know you would like remote assistance for your compile error.

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

when I try to delete my indicator using the method you described I get the error

<myindicator.cs> can't be deleted. this file is likely referened by other ninjascript files and these dependencies need to be removed first.

I tried deleting all my custom indicators using the same method but on every attempt I get the same error and so cannot delete any files.

Do you have a way around this?

Thanks,
      Will

Comment

Exit Ninja and delete <myindicator.cs> file from your indicators folder. Or better move it to another folder in order to save a code you developed.
        Enter Ninja again , try to compile any indicator. If your indicator is referenced in another indicators, and it seems it is a case , correct your compilation errors.

Comment

ok, that did it.

once I removed the source, I was able to pick another indicator (just any indicator that I knew was working correctly), add in the correct references and got it to compile correctly, then everything started working again.

Thanks for that

Will.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses