Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to know that a bar is not available???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to know that a bar is not available???

I am developing a kind of correlation indicator and my precondition is that bar times of all involved instruments will be at the same time. It may happen that during let's say last 5 minutes no data was broadcasted for a particular instrument and I don't see any data on a chart. Is it possible to distingush programmatically that a current bar is empty? Does anything like an “empty bar” exist in the framework?

I looked at the documentation and I saw that "ContainsValue" method is not available for BarsArray.
    Is "IsValidPlot" a proper way to check whether a value exists for an instrument at given time ?

After looking more, I found a thread http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=41442
    It's cumbersome. Have you any built in function to check a valid bar data since then ?
    Last edited by xTrader1; 09-02-2013, 07:38 AM.

xTrader1, in our event based frame work and empty bar could not exist technically - if you don't get an update / trade to close a bar it would stay open unless a new trade outside the last bar's timestamp range would be seen. For ideas how to sync multiple series in those scenarios I would suggest to check into work already done on this topic and offered in our sharing - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...elation&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post q0t6p5
    by q0t6p5

Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    7 responses