Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Amending OHLC Pit Session Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That´s what I thought. I made the change, compiled... and it didnt change the label to the chart, so I restarted Ninja to be sure and still didn´t change the labels on the chart.

The new label is certainly saved in Ninja though, as the screenshot shows. I just added the word "Pit" that´s all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your post.

Please right click in your chart > select Indicators > select this indicator > Remove > Apply > then select the indicator again > New > set your parameters > OK.

This should show the new Plots. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

No. Doesn´t work, tried that, also tried adding to a completely new chart. Still the old labels.

I´m glad its not me going mad then. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottieDog View Post
          That´s what I thought. I made the change, compiled... and it didnt change the label to the chart, so I restarted Ninja to be sure and still didn´t change the labels on the chart.

The new label is certainly saved in Ninja though, as the screenshot shows. I just added the word "Pit" that´s all.
          When you save a chart, the plot names are serialized and stored as are other input parameters for the indicator such as color, plot width or lookback period.

If you wish that the changes that you have made within the code are applied to your chart, you need to remove the pivots and then add them again to your chart after your indicator has been compiled.

Comment

OK, it was the indicator preferences file.. deleted that too and the labels have now updated.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Harry,

On the currentdayOHL in the top left corner of the chart I have the Current Daily Noise and the Current Daily Range, is there some way I can display the 3 lines of text for the ADR only, so not show the 3 lines of noise?

I can´t see an option in the preferences, so maybe there is something I can comment out?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Harry,

On the currentdayOHL in the top left corner of the chart I have the Current Daily Noise and the Current Daily Range, is there some way I can display the 3 lines of text for the ADR only, so not show the 3 lines of noise?

I can´t see an option in the preferences, so maybe there is something I can comment out?

Thanks.
                Currently there is no option to display those values selectively. If you wish to modify the indicator, you would need to make changes in lines 2073 to 2104. It is not sufficient to comment out parts of the code, but you would need to reduce the size of the data table and also move the legend for the average daily range to the top.

Comment

How to save the custom session times which are all input into the Session Manager?

If doing a clean ninja install, I mean.

Or is it necessary to write them all in again, after an install?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your post.

If you do not delete the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder or it's contents there is no need to re-create the session template after the reinstall.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

But what if doing a completely fresh install. What do I save from that folder, specifically for the session templates?

Comment

Important point to mention!

But what if doing a completely fresh install. What do I save from that folder, specifically for the session templates?
                        In that case you have to reenter all session templates and instrument settings manually.

The real pain is the limitation that the instrument settings cannot be separately saved!

I do not do a complete reinstall of NinjaTrader very often, but if I do so, it takes me about half a day, because I have to reenter all the rollover days and offsets from scratch. For some instruments the rollover days preset with NinjaTrader are not the ones I prefer, And also for some futures contracts the offsets are not properly maintained on the NinjaTrader servers. This means that I have to take my Excel tables and then enter all dates and offsets manually.

This is a real pain and should be improved with NinjaTrader 8. Allow users to maintain a proper data base that contains the master data for all instruments, and allow users to save this as a separate file!

That said, it is rather a minor inconvenience. I am just repeating it here to make sure that the issue is not forgotten.
                        Last edited by Harry; 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for a real and comprehensive answer.

Let´s hope NT8 sorts a lot of issues out.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes