• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error - No default constructor defined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - No default constructor defined

I did some cleaning and moving files to reduce the size of my C:\ drive to ready it for an SSD, but now I'm getting error messages and many indicators will not plot on the chart. I have no problems compiling the indicators, but I get the error messages when I try to apply them to a chart. I've down loaded and installed the latest version of Ninja Trader, did a restore of a recent copy of a Ninja Trader backup but no improvement.

Also, it seems some of the indicators that come with Ninja Trader still work.

2013-10-22 22:26:28:976 ERROR: Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.ADL'. Most likely there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

What are these errors saying?

thanks,
    taddypole...

Taddypole, would the same issues be seen if you restart NT fresh and then attempt applying your studies to a brand new chart / workspace environment?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New workspace and new chart, yes I've tried that and no luck.

taddypole...

Comment

Was there perhaps an older legacy DLL restored from your backups? That would be my guess here. I would check the reference and DLL's listed in bin > custom and remove ony by one to find out the culprit then.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

I have two machines one working and one not. I compared the DLL's in both Ninja Trader bin/Custom folders and can not find any abnormalities.

So I removed all custom indicators and stored them in a separate folder and tried just the standard indicators that come with Ninja and they work. I then put in one of my custom indicators and it works. I then tried another and it gives me the exception error.

I then loaded Visual Studio to capture the error and have provided the pictures attached. When I pull up the detail, it says that there is a Font issue. Could that be it? or is this just a diversion to the real problem.

I also provided a picture of the two machines. M2 is on the left and still works fine. M1 is on the right and have the problem. As I say, I could not find any suspect DLL's.

Regards,
          taddypole...
          Attached Files

Comment

Bertrand,

I'm doing a complete rebuild since I couldn't pin it down. I'll update you when I get further results.

regards,
            taddypole...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by StealthM93, Today, 07:58 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post StealthM93  
            Started by Mykro, Today, 11:01 AM
            1 response