Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader message or window not letting me click on NT functions. Won't respond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader message or window not letting me click on NT functions. Won't respond.

Hi:

There is a message or popup that I can not get out of in order to use NT and left click or right click other windows within the program. For example, I can not use the Control Panel or charts. When I attempt, then a pop under message does flash and get off a sound (indicating that has to be closed in order to proceed). Well, when I click on the message "Ok" on either message it will not go away. I have also tried ending the task in the task manager and that did not work either. I would like to be careful not to force restart as I have trades on.

How can I get NT to respond again?

and

How can I prevent this in the future?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks...
    Last edited by birdog; 10-31-2013, 08:15 AM.

Hello birdog,

Could you clarify what the message box / pop up says or send a screenshot of the message?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello birdog,

Could you clarify what the message box / pop up says or send a screenshot of the message?
      Here is a screenshot. There is one message on top and another on the bottom. Similar messages...just different accounts.

Notice one of them just below the other. It highlights blue and the NT sound comes on anytime I click.

I can not click ok, close, or end the message task.

Thanks JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello birdog,

It sounds like there is a lot of those message which is why selecting close will then select the next one.

You may either press the "OK" button on all of the windows to be able to select the Control Center again, or when you open up the Task Manager you will want to "End Task" of the NinjaTrader Control Center instead of the individual message otherwise that would be the same as pressing the "OK" button.

Typically, that message indicates that NinjaTrader does not have access to that account anymore so you would want to restart NinjaTrader to be able to re-establish a connection.

Let me know if you are not able to select the Control Center.

Comment

Hello birdog,

It sounds like there is a lot of those message which is why selecting close will then select the next one.

You may either press the "OK" button on all of the windows to be able to select the Control Center again, or when you open up the Task Manager you will want to "End Task" of the NinjaTrader Control Center instead of the individual message otherwise that would be the same as pressing the "OK" button.

Typically, that message indicates that NinjaTrader does not have access to that account anymore so you would want to restart NinjaTrader to be able to re-establish a connection.

Let me know if you are not able to select the Control Center.
          @JC

I have already attempted everything you mentioned and more. I do not have access to the Control Panel (I just get dings). I am 100% sure it is the locked message windows that I can not close that is preventing me from doing anything in NT. In the past, I have had this happen but when I would find the offending message or open window I would simply close it and everything would be fine. This time, which is the first time in history for me, everything is locked up.

The messages themselves is not my concern...they happen from time to time BUT I have never had to restart NT or be in a position where I am effectively locked out of doing anything before.

I have trading going on and in positions and desire NOT to restart NT.

I have running automated strategies and open positions...do not want to restart and frankly should not have to do so for something like this.

Kindof need to find out what cause this and how to prevent in the future.

Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,

If you need to manage your Position you may want to call your broker while in this state but otherwise so that I can look into this more can you send me your log and trace files for today?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

In the body of the message reference this thread and in the Subject line put "ATTN: JC".

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Greg,

If you need to manage your Position you may want to call your broker while in this state but otherwise so that I can look into this more can you send me your log and trace files for today?

In the body of the message reference this thread and in the Subject line put "ATTN: JC".

Right. Thanks...I do have access to another way of checking positions.

I will send...

Comment

Hello Greg,

@JC

I just sent them to you.

Comment

Anybody ever figure out what's causing this & how to stop it? It happens to me about once every month. It is very annoying.

Comment

Hello MFinMO,

The cause of this is when MBT's servers resets and comes back is the likely cause of this. It should only occur at 5:00PM Eastern and 12:00PM Eastern but after this time you may get that message.

We have been trying to replicate this but cannot get a reproducible scenario for this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post TradeForge  
                    Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes