Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New User Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the other issue with the ma crosses ect doing double trades, i think my problem was i was running 3 strategies that were the same , but didnt have names different for entry and exit, now i can see how that would mess up the internals on 1 strategy, but are the strategies seperated in the system, as in if the strategy runs finwe, but i do 3 instances with say different targets etc will it run ok??

Comment

About the Strategy Wizard, you have found a bug. Thank you for bringing it up.

Strategies are generally run independent of each other. If they are different instances of each other they will still be able to maintain individual tabs on their orders. The thing that will link the strategies together will be your account position/size. Please see this article for a little more information on strategy position vs account position: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4033
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

>> "Ninjatrader.Strategy.TrdeCollection' does not conatin a definition for "Performance'
        This bug will be fixed with next update of NT6.5. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

any ideas on when 6.5 will be updated again??

Comment

Likely 2 weeks from now.

Comment

HI again,

I am trying to use the TR0_DYNAMIC_VibsSR2L fow backtesting, using the plot values in the wizard, but for the life of me i can get it to trade, I set if the long entry equals 1 go long, end if the long entry equals 3 to exit, IS it because this is "dynamic" that it wont backtest correctly, I was hoping Josh could shed some light on this for me. Thanks or anyone else who may know.

Tim

Comment

The dynamic fibs indicator is a difficult indicator to backtest accurately. Even if you get what seems like favorable results, when applied to real-time the rules are completely different. The indicator flip flops several times within the same bar and that means hell for automated trading.

Comment

thanks for the reply josh, I have noticed that with the indicator.

Comment

where did the downlaod for 6.5 go??

Comment

It's available on regular download page.

Comment

Has anyone developed a indicator that will display the current price for "other" markets on the chart maybe on top. IE if i trade the ES and want to know what the dow is at. And is this possible. If it is i will figure it out myself thanks

Tim

Comment

Multi-instrument indicators are currently unavailable. We are working on it for NT7.

Some people have worked around the issue by using a hybrid strategy to be an indicator. Please see this reference sample for how to plot from a strategy: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=6651

Comment

Hi guys, I want to thank everyone again, And post my first self made indicator for tweaking. I used code from the rumpled one and also josh's work. The only thing I would like to change is the size of the indicator layout. I really dont know how to do that. As in i have 1 line of dots representing the ADX. I would like the size of the indiccator layout to be just bigger than the dots. If anyone can help sweet.

I will upload the .zip file

it is the adx in linear display, with green for gaining and red for losing adx value
                            Attached Files

Comment

What do you mean by indicator layout? If you mean the panel size you can resize the panels by dragging the separator line between panels. This is not programmatically definable.

Comment

Yeah basically that is what I mean, IE like the TRO_PMSM_TREND indicator has 4 rows of gumphrie's dots while mine only uses 1. So i was hoping to make the indicator panel smaller by default instead of loading my indicator on the panel towards the top then manually making the panel smaller.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DynamicTest  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ScottWalsh