Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New User Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User Woes

First i am demo'ing ninja trader with zenfire feed, I am now in love with ninja trader so far. But these are the issues i am having.

I created a strategy with moving averages crossovers, in the strategy it has a 2 tick trailing stop.

When the strategy is running the order executes and everything is fine but the trail is a limit order and never trails. I dont knwo what i am doing wrong.

The other issue is the strategies tab. Why cant i remove strategies without dissonnecting and reconnecting. Its driving me insane. I can tell what strategy it is in detail. i can only stop it. the add a new one. I duno maybe i am missing something.

I hope someone can help me.

Tim

Hi Tim,

1) Trail stops are generally stop orders and not limit orders thus maybe you are referring to a profit target order which for sure does not trail.

2) In NT 6.5 currently in beta, you can "Remove" strategies from the Strategies tab
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What from i understand i have is, a market entry, which it performs, then a 2 tick trailing stop. It was my understanding it would trail the price by 2 ticks. which it is not doing. it is just placing a 2 tick stop. so basically i would lose 2 ticks everytime it entered on the strategy. The strategy backtests ok so i am confused currently.

Comment

where can i downlad the beta 6.5 version all i can find is the 6.0 version.

I was really excited to let the pc trade today, but unfortunately it is not using my strategy the way it backtested it.

but i am sure i will get this figured out

Comment

- Download in the 6.5 section of this forum.
          - How are you submitting a trailing stop?

If you submit a trail stop programmatically via SetTrailStop() it will trail by the specified amount as the trade moves in your favor.

Comment

I used the wizard software to create the strategy. Then added it under the strategies tab. It seems to be running it but the trail never trail jsut sits there

Comment

I just dont know why its messing up. I watched it enter, then go up 1.5 points. its supposed to be a 2 tick trail. it should have had a 1 point gain instead it just had a 2 tick loss when it came back down. Still digging trying to see whats wrong. But it bactest correctly so i am confused at best

Comment

In real-time, you have the option to calculate on bar close or on each tick. If the former, the trail stop will move at the close of each bar vs each incoming tick. This is likely how you are running your strategy.

Comment

ahhh ok thank you will try that, and i also recorded today, i plan on replaying it tongiht and trying thigns out. I figure this will be a good way of testing. thanks for the help i will try that and respond

tim

Comment

Well I got the first problem figured out, thank for all the help

Now second issue

I am using 6.5

I have a strategy running, and its doing good now but I cant get the commision to show up on report of the fills correctly. It keeps saying 0. I added the commision to the simulator, replay,zenfire.

???

Thanks Tim

Comment

Tools > Options > "Include commissions..."

Comment

I have the check mark next to: apply commission to PnL calculations,

is this the correct one, cause if it is it still isnt working, i have had it checked since yesterday, I really appreciate the help you guys are top notch.

Tim

Comment

I duno it magically is working now, thanks for all the help

Will post questions here if i have any more

Great Product

Comment

So far so good everything is ok but a couple more questions:

When bactesting can i use recorded data??

I find that the backtesting is bad for my strategy but in live trading seems to do well.

I have a ma crossover and for some reason when it goes short it covers my long then goes short two contracts. I am thinking becuse it gets confused on the long cover.

Any input is great

Thanks guys

Tim

Comment

Its also doubling up my longs now. Instead of saying order once it speaks it like 4 times. But i have ti set at 1 order. hmmm gonna research this a tad

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse