Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heikin Ashi Smoothed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heikin Ashi Smoothed

Does anyone have a good version Heikin Ashi Smoothed?
    The best I've seen is Metatrader 4.
    Those offered in NT Indicators isn't good enough.

If you know the exact specifications of what you're looking for send the specification differences into support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with subject line ATTN Lance. From that point I should be able to assist you in finding or creating the desired indicator.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by santafe View Post
      What, exactly, is not good enough about them?

Comment

Originally posted by santafe View Post
        There is a NinjaTrader version which is certainly better than any of the MetaTrader versions:

-> You may select between Dan Valcu's (TASC 2004) and Sylvain Vervoort's (TASC 2008) formula for the Heikin-Ashi bars
        -> You may select between the median, mode and 28 different moving average to smooth the candles
        -> Heikin-Ashi candles can be displayed as a replacement for regular candles or an a second panel thus leaving the regular candles intact.
        -> You can also display the trend information generated from the smoothed Heikin-Ashi candles via regular candle paint bars.

The MetaTrader indicator does not implement the second formula, only comes with 4 versus 30 moving average methods and does not allow you to plot the trend as regular candle paint bars.

The enhanced Heikin-Ashi indicator can be downloaded here (elite membership required).

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

The chart attached shows a few of the available options.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Your Heiken Ashi Smoothed that I found in the Ninjatrader Appshare is not functioning at all.

Comment

We have a Smoothed Heikin-Ashi indicator available in our LizardIndicators library at http://www.lizardindicators.com/indi...d-heikin-ashi/. Download is free for members.

The Heikin Ashi candles may be built according to original definition by Dan Valcu (Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities, February 2004), or you may use the enhanced definition suggested by Sylvain Vervoort (Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities, May 2008)

Smoothing is possible with 32 different moving averages.

The underlying bars used for calculating the Heikin-Ashi candles may be displayed or removed. The indicator may be displayed on the price panel or any indicator panel.

The install file comes with a separate paint bar indicator, which can be used to paint the primary bars according to the Heikin Ashi trend without displaying Heikin Ashi bars.

A market analyzer column is included for displaying the trend information from the smoothed Heikin Ashi candles on the market analzyer.

The trend information is exposed for use with automated strategies.

Attached are a few charts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Your Heiken Ashi Smoothed that I found in the Ninjatrader Appshare is not functioning at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mopa6500 View Post

Interesting.

Freshly downloaded today. Look at the arrows on the pictures, pointing to the date in the file system.
                Loaded and the chart is what I see.
                Last edited by koganam; 05-13-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

Freshly downloaded today. Look at the arrows on the pictures, pointing to the date in the file system.
                  Loaded and the chart is what I see.
                  All on a pristine, NinjaTrader 7 installation on an immutable drive.

Comment

Hello mopa6500,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

May I confirm there is historical tick and minute data appearing on the chart?

Are you able to open a 30 second chart to the same time period?

Are you able to open a 1 minute chart to the same time period?
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is great and I am sure that the mechanism is working, but I am interested in whether it can work normally with databases? I would like to make comparisons, as I work with comparing and synchronizing SQL Server database schemas. And it would be great if they interacted. I don't think I'll get it, but I just want to know.
                      Last edited by HamstaTrade; 05-17-2019, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Hello HamstaTrade,

SQL may be possible as NinjaScript is C#, however this is far outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                        1 response
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                        3 responses