Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

External Assemblies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Assemblies...

I have read various threads on external assemblies, but had a question that needs some clarification. Is there a way to force a strategy/indicator to reload external referenced assemblies or are you required to dynamically load them yourself?
    It seems like I must be missing something as if you are trying to debug an assembly and NT loads it only once at startup, then you have to shut down and restart everytime you make a change to the external assembly or your changes won't be available.
    Is this correct?

Thanks

There isn't a supported way to reload an external reference. For information on adding references: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Most users don't rely on 3rd party assemblies with their scripts. If your script requires a 3rd party assembly then the supported method would require a restart of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can further assist or clarify.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I'm just exploring the possibility of developing system logic using the Windows Workflow Foundation and I wanted to clarify before I spent any time figuring out how to do it. Although it is not practical to restart NT every time I want to change the assembly, I'm guessing I can always dynamically load my assembly with the Assembly class.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno