Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Autoscale on Horizontal Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoscale on Horizontal Line

I'm using DrawHorizontalLine in an indicator.
    Is there any way to programatically set Autoscale to True for the drawn line? I know I can do it manually, but wondered if there was a way to put it in the code.

Yes. In NT 6.5 currently in beta there is the following method signature.

DrawHorizontalLine(string tag, bool autoScale, double y, Color color, DashStyle dashStyle, int width)
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

DrawHorizontalLine

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Yes. In NT 6.5 currently in beta there is the following method signature.

DrawHorizontalLine(string tag, bool autoScale, double y, Color color, DashStyle dashStyle, int width)
      I'm already using DrawHorizontalLine, what I'd like to know is if Autoscale can be set for the resulting line programatically.

Comment

Yes.

In the method I posted, there is a parameter to programatically set "autoScale".

Comment

Thanks for the help. I got the autoscale working on my programatically-drawn horizontal lines.

Now I have another problem. After many edits (and a few re-names) of my indicator file, the horizontal lines no longer autoscale, even though the autoscale parameter is "true".

Here is the code:
          //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          protected void UpdateScaling()
          {
          if (ScalingDistance > 1)
          {
          DrawHorizontalLine("HighSpacer", true, Close[0] + ScalingDistance, Color.Black, DashStyle.Dash, 2);

DrawHorizontalLine("LowSpacer", true, Close[0] - ScalingDistance, Color.Black, DashStyle.Dash, 2);
          }
          }
          #endregion

The code executes, and I can still see the horizontal lines, but they no longer autoscale. If I double-click on the line and manually set autoscale to "true", they autoscale again - it is only the programatic creation that no longer works.

They originally worked, so I think the problem has to do with the renaming of the file and class of the indicator.

Has there been any reported problem of this kind? I realize that 6.5 is still in beta.

Comment

Nothing changed in this area nor any reported issues. Changing names should not have impact. I would start with a basic test case and go from there to confirm its working.

Comment

I have replaced the DrawHorizontalLines with DrawLines. They work OK with the autoscaling, even though the horizontal don't. I'll drop the issue, and go with DrawLines.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post nandhumca  
              Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post The_Sec