Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

List of ATM strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of ATM strategies

Hi, I'm trying to get a list of ATM strategies and cannot find an easy, straightforward way. As far as I understand, there is no direct call to get the list directly. I'm sort of hacking it from the .sdf file, what I understand is highly unsupported, but it works and I couldn't find an easier way.

I would be happy with this solution, however it requires to reference System.Data.dll in the exported indicator. NinjaTrader cannot reference it itself from the .NET framework installation (right?) and it has to be manually added to the exported zip. So far so good, I can live with that. The problem is, there are 32-bit and 64-bit version of System.Data.dll (not to mention different .NET editions) and importing 32-bit dll in 64-bit NinjaTrader (and vice versa) leads to an error in the import, although manual copy of the dll into Custom folder works, regardless of NinjaTrader and dll version.

So, my question is, how to get a list of ATMS without having to check if the strategy is imported on 32-bit or 64-bit NinjaTrader. I don't insist on anything mentioned before, I'd be glad if you could find another, easier way. All I need are just ATMS names available inside my custom strategy. Thank you.

mantak007, would unfortunately not be aware of another approach to hint to on this unsupported request.

There's a way though to automatically create a reference for your import zip -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, OK, thanks, I was afraid of it. As for the automatic reference creation, I know this section but i cannot see anything about an automatic process. Am I missing something?

Anyway, what would you recommend to do as a best practice if I need to reference System.Data.dll? It's a bit strange that importing a 32 bit dll throws an error, but if I copy it manually, the import is OK and the strategy runs OK also with 64 bit version of NinjaTrader. The bits only matter during the import itself.

Comment

You would supply the references to add in a text file that is directly stored in your zip root to import in NT. Those reference are added in by NT then for you.

Which system data did you exactly use? Would you mind sending me the file you attempt to auto import to support at ninjatrader dot com?

It would be important to use the dll targetted with .NET 2.0 and not 4.0
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course, I'm aware of that. I'm using System.Data.dll version 2.0.50727.3053, AdditionalReferences.txt contain only System.Data.dll, the dll is packed inside the .zip. Importing the strategy with 64bit Ninja, does not work, importing with 32bit works. The strategy runs on both 32-bit and 64bit NinjaTrader. I'm using Win8 64 bit. I'm sending you the file by mail, hope you'll find a solution.
          Last edited by mantak007; 11-25-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses