Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarsSinceSession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarsSinceSession

Hello,

When is the issue regarding the wrong count of BarsSinceSession released? I use different work arounds for this issue, but would rather have a proper solution from within the software itself, as this is quite a plain indicator imho.

Kind regards,
    Francis

Hi Francis,

Any changes to any methods/functions or any standard NinjaTrader features are being reserved for the next major release of NinjaTrader.

There are a couple of limitations I'm aware of with BarsSinceSession that we're looking into for the next major release. To make sure the item you're discussing is being looked into, can you please provide me with references to this issue? Or do you have a explicit example of it not working as you expect?

Thanks in advance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for responding.

My personal issue with the BarsSinceSession is that it count from the wrong starting point. it just skips the last session start and may count from the start of the previous session or just the bars in the chart/ lookback period etc and is than most of the time equal to Currentbar, Count etc. While several work around ask for some starting point to count from and these might be incorrect sometimes also, I just wondered when this issue would be tackled.

Since Bars.FirstBarOfSession works flawless every session, I use MRO (int intBarsSinceSession = MRO(delegate {return (Bars.FirstBarOfSession == true);}, 1, Bars.BarsSinceSession) + 1 to get the number of bars. I can use BarsSinceSession as lookback period, while is is equal of greater than the bars since the first bar of the session. It works, but I just want to use the right method and indicator for each job.

I refer to a link where this issue is pointed out. There are more threads, but this one quite complete.

Kind regards,
      Francis

Comment

Are you also in using the CET time zone? If not, what time zone are you in?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes, I use CET, so UTC+0, GMT+1. Trading from The Netherlands on Globex, so seven hours, CST+7.

Comment

Ok, thanks for that information.

This is a verified issue in NT7 by development, unfortunately it would take some major core changes to correct this issue which may cause undetected bugs in several other locations of the product and in the end was determined by development as to sensitive to resolve for NT7. The reason this decision was made is that we have all development resources on NT8 our next major release of the product which will include literally hundreds of customer requested fixes and changes.

It is added to our list to insure is resolved for NT8. Though we are getting closer to wrapping up development for NT8 there are still some major components we are working on and as such I unfortunately do not have an expected release date at this time.

Comment

Hellp Brett,

Thanks for the extra information.

I can imagine that some alterations to the NT software are far more difficult that the other. Especially while NT itself becomes more 'intelligent' and the embedded options and functionality grows with every update or release.

Till the next release I can rely on my current functional work arounds. But maybe it is an option to create a sticky thread, a page etc. where all current know (major) bugs or party working functionality is pointed out in a categorized overview or within the support pages itself (where al functionality is pointed out). Now I mainly find these glitches in real time trading or after searching online, where some of these limitations are already known.

Francis

Comment

Sounds good.

Thanks for that feedback, we do keep such a list internally for us to work on as we develop the next update to the product.

I will forward your feedback that this list be made public.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM