Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

Hi,

Reference to the help documentation I have some questions regarding Market Analyzer:

1.Does the number of bars that will be loaded to the RAM per one instrument with added one indicator column is:

Numbers Of bars to look back <= Loaded bars to RAM <= Maximum bars look back

2. If I do not have the number of the historical bars that required to calculate the indicator Does the Market Analyzer will download the missing data from the provider and will save it in my local PC as historical data?

3. It is possible to delete\Remove selected number of rows from the Market Analyzer instead of removing a row one by one?

4. Do I must have a chart open in order to run a strategy or can I run it from the Market Analyzer ?

Sincerely, Kobi

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your post.

The Historical data is not stored in RAM. This is stored on your hard drive in the following directory: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\tick, minute or day respectively. NinjaTrader will download historical data based on the items at the following link under "When does NinjaTrader load historical data?": http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

It is not possible to remove rows more than one at a time. And strategies can only be ran from charts or the Strategies tab of the Control Center. For information on running strategies in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,

I didn't say that Historical data is storing in RAM, what I saying is that when you adding indicator column to the market analyzer then it might be that the data that load to ram from the drive(the db folder)
      for each instrument per indicator can be
      Numbers Of bars to look back <= Loaded bars to RAM <= Maximum bars look back

Thanks,Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your response.

That would be correct for the bars to look back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes