Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing a List of Stock Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a List of Stock Symbols

Hi,

Maybe I missing something,

I imported a list of stock symbols following the the help instructions,
    I selected the exchange and Session template.
    The import succeeded, but in the Instrument manager windows the exchange and Session template were not updated as I selected from the import window
    It seems that I created a symbol list but it contains the default setting of NT for exchange and Session template.

I followed the instructions from the help section 9.12.8(Importing a List of Stock Symbols)

Sincerely,
    Kobi
    Last edited by levikNT; 01-07-2014, 05:22 AM.

Hello Kobi,

When I test it on my end, the exchange and session template are configured correctly. I imported some stocks for a new instrument list.

Can you please remove the instrument list you imported from the Instrument Manager. Subsequently re-import it and check if the exchange and session template is setup correctly for each instrument.

If the issue remains, could you please send me the list (or partial). Please attach it in your email. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Importing a List of Stock Symbols' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Have you received my email regarding this item?

Sincerely,Kobi

Comment

Yes, please see the response I just sent.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Yes, please see the response I just sent.
          Hi Jason,

It seems that when I add more Symbols to existing list by importing new instrument symbol than the database doesn't updated with the corresponding change from the import window for the new added instrument.

Sincerely ,Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Ok, but it does use the settings you select if you import the stocks instruments as a new instrument list, correct?

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Ok, but it does use the settings you select if you import the stocks instruments as a new instrument list, correct?
              Hi Jason,

If I am understanding the question then the answer is NO.
              I would like to create One list that contains instruments which are referencing to NYSE and instruments which are referencing to Nasdaq. and all instruments have the same session template.
              The scenario is ,
              step 1:
              1. I import instruments and referencing them to created Instrument list using import list windows
              2. l set the exchange to NYSE and the session template to US instrument RTH

till this stage every thing is OK

now I want to add instruments to the existing instrument list that I created before
              with new instruments but I want to set these instruments to Nasdaq with the same session template.

so, I import the instruments to an existing instrument list but I set the exchange to Nasdaq and set the session as well.

the result is that the data base doesn't update with the corresponding set up for Nasdaq
              the data base ignore the update, only the first imported instruments in the list are set OK in the Data base.

what I am doing wrong?

Sincerely Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

This should work as well. I added new stocks through the import of a stock list to an existing instrument list. I selected a different exchange, currency and session template than the stocks that were already present in the instrument list. After they imported, the new instruments use the settings I selected during the import.

Did you try renaming the database and then importing the stocks lists again?

Do you experience the issue for all new stocks that you imported or only some? If only some instruments are affected, could it be they were already present in NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hello Kobi,

This should work as well. I added new stocks through the import of a stock list to an existing instrument list. I selected a different exchange, currency and session template than the stocks that were already present in the instrument list. After they imported, the new instruments use the settings I selected during the import.

Did you try renaming the database and then importing the stocks lists again?

Do you experience the issue for all new stocks that you imported or only some? If only some instruments are affected, could it be they were already present in NinjaTrader?
                  Hi Jason,

I renamed the database and then importing the stocks lists again in the first time as you instruct me to do
                  after that every thing was OK.

The problem returned again after imported and created more lists.

right now I renamed the database and then importing the stocks lists again and its work OK.

I don't understand ,renamed and create DB file is an extreme action, what I do that damage this file?
                  How I avoid this damage?

what you mean by
                  "
                  Do you experience the issue for all new stocks that you imported or only some? If only some instruments are affected, could it be they were already present in NinjaTrader?"

Sincerely,Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Thanks for your reply.
                    This is Brandon responding on behalf of Kyle who is off for the day.

I would like to schedule a remote call with you to look at the exact process you are doing and replicate on my end.
                    Please email us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                    In the message put ATTN Brandon and include a link to this forum topic.
                    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Instrument manager help.

Sorry for butting in but I have questions on the instrument manager and can't seem to find an area to post a question anywhere on the support forum. I imported futures symbols into the instrument manager and now want to delete some because I was just started with Ninja and was fooling around with the tabs to learn the software but whenever I try to do so, it says" You can't delete the 'Default' list. Please help me Thanks

Comment

Hello mrraymonds01,

Thanks for your post.

If you want to remove an instrument from the default list you will need to select it from the list and press the > button
                        If you want to delete a custom instrument from NinjaTrader you will need to select it under the Available Master Instruments and press Delete
                        Since you wrote in to support for remote assistance also Cal will be calling you shortly to assist you further.

Comment

Sorry for the missed calls, the phone ringer was on silent, I'm waiting for it with great anticipation. Thanks

Comment

Hello mrraymonds01,

Thanks for your reply.

I will forward this information to Cal.
                            I would recommend replying to his email to you to communicate with him directly.

Comment

OK I got it, what a big dummy I am. Also where is the area I can post an original question I have without butting in on someone else's post. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest